Sign in to follow this  
mslim

need POH or Flight Manual for LET L-410

I've been attempting to fly the LET L-410UVP freeware I found on XXXXXX.com. Good looking cockpit (other than the light leaks) but I can't get the HSI to work. I know it's just a switch I need to throw but I can't find it.

Would like an English guide to the VC as I can't read Cyrillic and am a little lost. Tooltips work on several items but not all.

Otherwise very interesting and useful aircraft. Wish a payware developer would take interest.

Thanks in advance.

Slim

Edited by Jim Young
Removed an illegal website link replicating AVSIM located in Russia

Which FS are you running ?. The LET appears to be mainly FS9 gauge XML and some *,gau files. If you are FSX many of the gauges will ignore you completely. My local airport has some Let 410's belonging  to a Czech regional airline. I will make the local livery for my AC as soon as I am satisfied with the panels.

The Cyrillic was decoded using an online dictionary and Google translator. ( Crude!). Reading the XML is a better way of finding what does what and where. A bit of XML know how is needed to fix the gauge files for FSX. Currently I am running on intuition. If you want to persist with this AC I can  supply my alterations. The other half, of course, questions my interest in this project!! 8'))

Dozybee 

The LET is a wonderful and useful aircraft.  Much more handsome than the Dornier Do228 or the unfortunate Shorts Skyvan.  Too bad it is not better known in the US.  I like rugged bushpounders like the LET.

I'm running FSX.  I have installed non-Metric gauges to help me fly it. I had a Russian nurse help me translate some of the electric/switch panel.  Still don't know what all the annuciator lights mean.  I also have the transparency problem thru the panel.

here's my VC1 panel cfg:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
file=$panel_L.bmp
size_mm=512,512
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$panel_left

gauge00=Beech_Baron!Horizontal Situation Indicator, 283,145,90,90 //HSI//410GAU!uga_1 //
gauge01=410GAU!PSP-48, 157,145,83,83 //ILS indicator
gauge02=Beech_Baron!Airspeed Indicator,  169,48,85,85 //Airspeed Indicator //410GAU!airspeed
gauge03=Beech_Baron!Vertical Speed Indicator,  400,39,85,85 //VSI //410GAU!VAR_30 //
gauge04=FSX_PC9_Gauges!PC-9 Electronic Attitude Direction Indicator,  271,28,115, 115 //274,32, 110,103 //410GAU!LUN1205_L //Attitude Indicator //Beech_Baron!Attitude Indicator
gauge05=410GAU!turn_and_bank,  77,155,66,66
gauge06=AS350_Instruments!Altimeter,  406,147,90,99 //Altimeter// //410GAU!VD-10
gauge07=ST_690!ST_Radar Altimeter,  404,256,92,92 // Radar Altimeter //410GAU!RV
gauge08=410GAU!radio_NAV,  69,234,80,80 ////
gauge09=Beech_Baron!RMI,  299,256,95,95 // 410GAU!IKU-1A
gauge10=410GAU!Bank_L,  252,148,26,26
gauge11=410GAU!Bank_R,  378,148,26,26
gauge12=410GAU!agk_sw_L,  82,330,11,32 //

I would love to see any of your mods and info if you'd care to share.  Perhaps someone at your airport could point us to an English POH?

Best Regards,

Slim

I'm pretty sure that the original download came with an english language readme.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pwdt_l410uvpe.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

If not, flick every switch in sight and see what happens.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi Boerne,

Thanks for the suggestion.  There was a English readme with that download but, while informative about the specs and history of the aircraft, it wasn't much help with the Cyrillic panel markings. 

However....  That download included a panel image called "overhead.bmp" that had English switch markings.  I just used that panel as a reference and went into photoshop and redid the FSX Cyrillic panels into English.  All the operational switches are now labeled.

Slim

Super switch panel. My Let is now sporting the Sperry autopilot from the DC3. It makes for a bit more attention than the usual ones.

The next project, to remove the light leaks.

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 400KB weight limit. Yours 647KB.

Well done!

(Although you need an extra lesson on spelling my name. ^_^ )

Ooops...  Sorry Bjoern

Super switch panel. My Let is now sporting the Sperry autopilot from the DC3. It makes for a bit more attention than the usual ones.

The next project, to remove the light leaks.

If you don't want to post your mods, please PM me as I am very interested.  One wierd anomaly I'm sure you've noticed is that when you turn on the instrument panel lights, part of the panel disappears.  What's up w/ that?  Otherwise a very fun plane. 

Any of you know of any more FSX repaints for the CVA 35702-L-410-UVP-E download? 

Slim

My ac is this download ---------38297-PWDT-L410UVP.zip
3 ac----Aeroflot USSR, Aeroflot USSR Polar, komandor.
My information will probably be of no use to you. This download came from the Russian website as well.

My ac panel light behaves itself, compass does go on and off though !!!!.
Duh!!! folders not allowed!! can't send modified XML gauge data. I will have to find out if I can upload the
current state of my project for general use.

The engine panel throttle/pitch are now synchronized as well as individually operated. Lift the cover to get at the start switches.
Fuel must be on and mixture on. In the 2D a small grey switch on the left upper will start the AHI. The "A" on the ahi will set it up.

In VC left and right the small red switches at the bottom of the panel will fire up the ahi's. etc,etc,etc. Note that this is a WIP!!!. The FSXloader will ignore erroneous XML code and the faulty gauges will not work. A line, I forget which, inserted in the FSX.cfg file will generally highlight faulty gauges.
Alas, it is only useful as an indicator. The rest is up to our inquisitive minds !!!

Dozybee

The 35702 is the UVP-E with tip tanks and the 38297 is the UVP without tip tanks.

Yes I tested the instrument panel switch anomaly by downloading 38297-PWDT-L410UVP.zip and installing it.  The anomaly of the disappearing panel is not present in it as you say.  I even tried copying the 38297 panel folder to the 35702 panel folder but I still had the same issue.  I tried deleting the rmd_L410.xml but that didn't help either.

Thanks for the screenshot with the throttle areas mapped.  It will be quite helpful.  If you have any more info please continue to share it. 

I wish we could get this plane straightened out for FSX.  Something on the order of Ivan Jurcaga's MIG21 would be nice.

If anyone is interested in the English versions of $panel_overhead.bmp and l410_switches.bmp, PM me.

Slim

You could also try downloading the CVA version of the airplane and look at that. As far as I know, this Russian version is not "official" with the original makers, just a "fan" update.

FWIW the makers have moved one from FS, as well as Ivan. I don't think there would be any other L-410 fromt his team for MS FS series.

You could also try downloading the CVA version of the airplane and look at that. As far as I know, this Russian version is not "official" with the original makers, just a "fan" update.

FWIW the makers have moved one from FS, as well as Ivan. I don't think there would be any other L-410 fromt his team for MS FS series.

Hi Fabo,

I don't know if the 35702 download is the "original" CVA or simply a Russian portover of the original to FSX but it does reference the CVA team.  If you have a link for the original CVA please post it.  Some of the small non-operable toggle switches in the Cyrillic version are in English so you may be right.

I'm not sure what you mean in the last paragraph.  Something is lost in translation. 

All I meant was that it was too bad this VC was not done as well as the one in Ivan's MIG-21.

BTW I do have a 696 page scanned POH for the L-410 but unfortunately it is in Cyrillic.  Surely there must be an English version out there somewhere?

Best Regards,

Slim

My ac is this download ---------38297-PWDT-L410UVP.zip
3 ac----Aeroflot USSR, Aeroflot USSR Polar, komandor. No tip tanks.

The mapped throttle areas are revised original xml ( made by me ). I have added the synchronized bit to the fuel on,throttles, and prop pitch and revised the start switch sequences.

Since some of the Let AC may differ, I will see if I can add my version to the Avsim library as converting to FSX

involved a lot of XML repairs and I have now lost touch of which ones have been altered

Sounds good.  Thanks for the effort.  Please post when you upload it to the library.

Slim