Sign in to follow this  
Murphym1988

FL 450 Sound

Hi,

I got an anoying problem I can't solve - maybe somebody had the same and can help me...

At FL450 (and only FL450) I hear a "Bing-Sound" every few seconds (about 30 sec). If I descend to FL430 for example the anoying "Bing" is gone. So I thought that must have something to do with the cabin altitude. But everything is green - and even if I change cabin alt to Manuel and decrease cabin alt the "bing-sound" (kinda like the seatbelt sign remains...)

I tried every knob - I just can't turn it off. And all systems are green (no yellow or red)...

Would be great if somebody knows the answer ;-)

This plane is certified for 43000 feet... maybe you are flying outside the envelope..

Bert

I made a testflight in FL430 - just the same. But now I'm a little smarter:

- I turned on Anti Ice to see the CAS Messages.

- I found out that the caution sound comes when the message "CAB DELTA-P FAIL" appears.  (btw - shouldn't a CAS Message pop up for the Cab Delta-P fail??!!)

- But this warning only appears in high FL an only every 30 - 60 sec.

FL430 / Cab Alt 8300 ft / DELTA-P 8.5 PSI / LFE 1600 FT / OXY 1850 PSI <-- everything looks normal

Reading the code... PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL will trigger a warning if it reaches 8.5 PSI

Not realistic, but that is the way Carenado programmed the -100 model, and they copied it to the -300 model.

I did a pressure controller mod a while back where I increased that value to 9.5 PSI.

Bert

Reading the code... PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL will trigger a warning if it reaches 8.5 PSI

Not realistic, but that is the way Carenado programmed the -100 model, and they copied it to the -300 model.

I did a pressure controller mod a while back where I increased that value to 9.5 PSI.

Bert do you have that mod? im flying at 45000 and I am going nuts

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yup, request via PM..

Bert

Also, you should not be flying at 45,000 since the plane is certified for 43,000 feet..

Bert

Also, you should not be flying at 45,000 since the plane is certified for 43,000 feet..

This plane is certified for 43000 feet... maybe you are flying outside the envelope..

You coulda fooled me. Embraer thinks it is FL450. See spec sheet.

Regards,

Ray

300_specs.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

OK - wrong airplane... :Shame On You:

In the aircraft.cfg file, change:

[Pressurization]
design_cabin_pressure     = 9.5 // 8.5
max_pressure_differential = 9.5 // 8.5

Also, if this continues to bother you, send me a PM for a reworked cabin pressure controller.

Bert

Hi Bert

Is that the change that will remove the ding? because I get it as low as 20,000ft. I'm not sure how to upload a picture here but got a shot of climbing through 35,000ft and the ding keeps going off. I'm with Murphym1988 on, why doesn't the CAS notify you of this? It's just a ding and until you turn on something like the ENG 1 Ice Protection switch, you would never know what it was. Once i flipped that on, the CAS appeared and notified me of what it specifically was.

Thanks in advance

Mark Carter