Sign in to follow this  
ALF1

Taxiing with one Engine

It is darn hard or near impossible to get this bird going with only one engine running. Also, a slight difference in N1 between one engine and the other and there is quite a bit of pull to one side while taxiing. On long taxi runs I find myself adjusting N1 to within .1% in order to taxi straight.

Is there a way to model this a little closer to reality ?

Is there a way to model this a little closer to reality ?

Sure, when someone re-codes the entire ground modeling of the simulator. Cut power on any aircraft and notice how easily the aircraft will roll to stop. This isn't because the dev modeled something incorrectly; it's because the sim's ground contact/friction model is implemented poorly.

Kyle Rodgers

Sure, when someone re-codes the entire ground modeling of the simulator. Cut power on any aircraft and notice how easily the aircraft will roll to stop. This isn't because the dev modeled something incorrectly; it's because the sim's ground contact/friction model is implemented poorly.

Hasn't this been corrected with the use of the dynamic friction .lua file?

FSUIPC's friction fix might help a bit. Add PatchSIM1friction=Yes to your FSUIPC4.ini under [General] section, and it works without the paid version. Taxiing is generally easier with that option, though I'm yet to try single engine taxi with that.

EDIT: Haven't been able to get DynamicFriction.lua to work in any observable way. Guess I gotta try again.

Prepar3d has a much better ground friction modeling I think. And if there is a slight difference in n1, the sensitivity you described seems to show the aircraft is quite sensitive. Isn't it?

Also I believe there is a ground friction mod round here somewhere. Doudt it's realism though.

I'm happy in p3d.. Don't see myself moving back to fsx.

Till then.. Keep your feet on the ruderrrr!

Regards,

H.M

Thx for replies fellas, I will stick to FSX despite the shortcoming for now.