Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v3 - Best way to view a replay

In X-Plane 10 this worked quite well with the built-in replay mode. But in FSX and P3D I'm not sure. With the new v3 of P3D, I'm wondering if the replay system has changed or improved.

Some things I would like to accomplish are:

1) After I perform a takeoff, or approaching a runway to land, I would like to know how I can quickly watch a replay of that and be able to move and pan around the scenery or airport freely to get the best position or angle.

In X-Plane while currently flying, I am able to hit C and detach the camera from my plane, and freely move around to get a good view of anything. Also works while in replay mode too. Is there anything like this in P3D that would make watching replays simple and not cumbersome?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Aaron,

unfortunately there is no good way to do that. Most solutions are workarounds with EZCA and FSRecorder v1.331. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Instant Replay will allow you to do that.  You can setup a custom Camera anywhere you want including FOV etc. etc.  At least in P3D V3, I would imagine FSX is the same.

If you want more control then EZDok and/or FSRecorder v1.331 as suggested ... these can produce impressive replays also.

Something I haven't experimented with but mean to try some day ... is adding cameras beyond LOD radius and set them up in a view undocked window very small in each corner of my main window to see if they force higher LOD radius for distance (Beau had hinted at testing this, but I never got around to it).

Cheers, Rob.

EZDok works okay in P3dv3?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

EZDok works okay in P3dv3?

I use it on every flight. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks. Does it have a P3dv3 installer or do you use the migration tool?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Whats wrong with the regular standard Replay?  P3D v3 replay works the same way as FSX. Thats the only one I use.

Only flightbeam and FSDT airports do not work...their buildings disappear in replay mode.

All others have no issues with replay and I use it all the time...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter