Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Installation issues

Hi. 

Trying to install ORBX Global. Keep getting an error message all the time.

W10 pro, clean install. 

Thx for looking 

24616592105_1759e2fea2_b.jpg

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Should I state the obvious?  Ask over at the Orbx forums--you'll get a better answer than you will over here.  Just offhand, I'd say you have a corrupted download.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

No offense to ORBX developers but they never reply to any of my posts. I have been using their products for years but support is awful, at least this is how I feel. I comply with all their rules but they just ignore me. I wish I could get my money back. That's why I have to look for help in other places.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

No offense to ORBX developers but they never reply to any of my posts. I have been using their products for years but support is awful, at least this is how I feel. I comply with all their rules but they just ignore me. I wish I could get my money back. That's why I have to look for help in other places.

They "never" reply to your posts?  Support, as far as I can tell, is fine, as long as you provide your order #s.  If you don't, they won't respond, or will remind you to include an order # with your request for support.  Easy.  This complicated error with FTX Central is best handled by them, imo.

Stew

I provided all my order numbers. Not sure why no help.

Thx.

I provided all my order numbers. Not sure why no help.

Thx.

Sorry I can't help with your issue.  Good luck.

Stew

Did you download and install  with all A/V turned off ?  Did you run the install "As Administrator" ?  Did you use a download manager for the extremely large download?

WAT1460.png

Turned off AV.

Ran as Admin.

I don't use download manager. Never did. I was always able to install large files ORBX including before. Not sure what's going on now.

I reinstalled FSX, trying to load ORBX first now. Will see.

Thx

This actually looks to be a Server issue to me.  A server issue can occur when the server or file being downloaded is taken offline for maintenance or update.  Try the installation again (at a later time) and see if it works.

Best of luck!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

OK. I have a progress now. I saw server I selected didn't work well. Download stopped even though it was a faster one. I went with another one, it took an hour but it worked.

Thanks for help.

You might want to look at Internet Download Manager or a similar product for all your downloads.  It really handles big files with multi-threading speeding up the process.  It seems to minimize errors in the downloaded files.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

OK. Thanks. Is it a payware?

Cheep, maybe $30, but it does the trick and I think it's worth the price.

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)