I am looking for a new throttle quad to replace my CH quad.

I usually fly Majestic Dash8 and PMDG products.

Can anyone comment on the Goflight quad or others?

I fly P3d2.5 on Windows7-64 and assign and calibrate with fsuipc.

Thanks

Paul

To be honest the GoFlight levers look very flimsy to me. I remember trying them at a flight sim show some years ago and wasn't impressed. There is a lot of lateral movement. And they're not cheap either.

The CH ones appear more robust but the travel distance is too small. At least the GoFlight ones have a decent travel.

I've been using two Saitek Throttle Quadrants for several years now and consider them excellent for the price. Problem is you can't buy them for love nor money.

PFC are probably the best but aren't cheap and have to be integrated into a PFC setup. Have a look at their products here. https://store.flypfc.com/?/products/throttle-quadrants/P18/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Having used both saitek and Ch throttles 1000's of hours a yr. Ch more durable than saitek. Saitek last a bout two yrs. Ch 3 or 4 yrs. Would love to have Goflights but out of my price range.

I've had my Saiteks for over 5 years and they're still going strong.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the info.

The pfc quads look good.

Can anyone of these be cofigured through fsuipc for a jet and a prop plane?

Maybe someone can comment on these.

Pete Dowson (FSUIPC author) uses PFC throttles as part of a larger PFC-supplied 737 home cockpit. So yes, they are configurable via FSUIPC.

But as I mentioned earlier the throttles have to be part of a system and are not designed to be used standalone.Your best bet is to contact PFC for more info.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have the PFC turboprop and 2-engine jet advanced TQs, as well as the 3-lever and 6-lever GA TQs. They are all programmable through fsuipc in one way or another. And I am very satisfied with them.

When Ray says they need to be part of a system, I think he's referring to the need to purchase, in addition to the TQs, a US$400 Console box for them to attach to. So don't think you need to acquire a full panel system; the Console box is all you'll need.

Finally, Pete Dowson's PFC hardware setup is not comparable to what you'll be getting. He uses older, non-USB equipment for which he developed a dedicated fsuipc interface. His PFC interface doesn't work with the new, USB equipment. But the basic fsuipc will allow you to program the TQs as you desire. I have a thread on the fsuipc forum where Pete discusses this.

Robert

To be honest the GoFlight levers look very flimsy to me. I remember trying them at a flight sim show some years ago and wasn't impressed. There is a lot of lateral movement. And they're not cheap either.

I've had my GoFlight throttles for a about 10 years and would have to agree with you

that the construction is quite light weight and their price seems too high.

I am looking for a new throttle quad to replace my CH quad.

I usually fly Majestic Dash8 and PMDG products.

Can anyone comment on the Goflight quad or others?

I fly P3d2.5 on Windows7-64 and assign and calibrate with fsuipc.

Thanks

Paul

On the plus side, with six axis, they are very versatile and have been very reliable.

Also no problem programming with FSUICP.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.