Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flysimware Lear 35 into Tampa

I know I'm late to the game but I picked this aircraft up in the sale over at simmarket tonite.

It's nearly bed time so here's a short review with lots of pics.  I can't decide if I prefer the XP Lear 25 or this Lear 35.  Where the -25 falls short the -35 picks up, and vice versa hehe.

About this Lear - sounds are amazing!  TSS did the soundpack and it's solid.  Handling is also well done.  GTN 750 and Wx radar (mine is Milviz/REX) works great - 3D bezels for both!  The systems have a slight edge over the XP LJ25 but only every so slightly.  The autopilot is "interesting."  I have a tough time getting the VS mode to work.  I did RTFM and as I understand you pitch the aircraft then engage VS mode.  Sometimes I can't pitch down with ALT HLD on...  I have to first press VS then press it off, then pitch down, then press VS on again to capture my current rate of descent.  The LJ25 has a more solid AP I think.

I'm sleepy so that's about it for my thoughts.  XP -25 easily wins in the visuals department but at a VAS cost and fps cost.  FSW's simpler model (you can see the polys on the non round engine nacelles yuck) pays off in the FPS and VAS department.

MMO in the -35 is .83

MMO in the -25 is .82

Both would make great online or offline jets to take you wherever you need to go!

But seriously, WHERE is our glass cockpit Bizjet?  FMS and VNAV would be great.  We complained a few years back that there were no recent bizjets... then out pops a bunch of analogue ones, half arsed glass ones, but no solid quality glass ones....*First World Problems* 

ANYWAY, 

Leaving VPS

Untitled-2_68.jpg

Untitled-4_72.jpg

Untitled-5_55.jpg

Relax in the back

Untitled-6_59.jpg

Untitled-8_52.jpg

Mickey Mouse

Untitled-9_50.jpg

Untitled-10_42.jpg

Untitled-11_46.jpg

Untitled-12_37.jpg

Untitled-14_27.jpg

Untitled-15_26.jpg

Untitled-16_19.jpg

The Money Shot

Untitled-23_9.jpg

Untitled-24_8.jpg

Untitled-25_5.jpg

Untitled-26_4.jpg

AP, despite being interesting, will fly an RNAV (GPS) approach with LPV mins

Untitled-27_5.jpg

Untitled-29_3.jpg

Untitled-32_1.jpg

About to shutdown at Signature

Untitled-33.jpg

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The autopilot is "interesting." I have a tough time getting the VS mode to work. I did RTFM and as I understand you pitch the aircraft then engage VS mode. Sometimes I can't pitch down with ALT HLD on... I have to first press VS then press it off, then pitch down, then press VS on again to capture my current rate of descent. The LJ25 has a more solid AP I think.

Did a couple quick tests and this is what I did ... as I recall.

V/S climbs and SPD mode descents working ok here.

e.g.

Dial new higher ALT

ALT/SEL engaged

Pitch up and trim (for hands off flying).

V/S select

Slight throttle adjust

Dial lower altitude

ALT/SEL

Retard throttle to the speed you want

SPD mode

Retard throttle for V/S Feet/min you want

Alt Holds were automatic when I reached new Altitude

All throttle, trim and pitch adjustments are in small steps before selecting the climb or descent mode to be used.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Great shots Ryan, thanks for posting. Looks quite nice in the panel however I still think the 25D looks much better.

I'm running a similar rig to you except have an i7 4770K OC'd to 4.4 so hopefully fps won't be too big an issue.

Decisions, decisions. Ha, first world problems indeed. :smile:

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit