Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

NMG Trading South African airports sale

I notice that the NMG South African airport addons are on sale in a number of stores until February 20th.

Although I would really like to add some South African airports for my long haul flights in FSX, unfortunately the screenshots do not impress and I am not sure if they are worth it even at the sale price which is about 25% off. I wondered if anyone who has any experience of using these would be willing to provide some feedback?

Bill

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Wow, there seems to be a lot of good stuff there! Will have a look at it in depth later today. Many thanks Robin.

Bill

Pleasure Bill. I agree with what you said about quality. You will find the Aeroworx scenery superb, for freeware.

Thats what we use, well, us at our virtual club, here in Cape Town.

Cheers,

Robin 

BTW, I'm mostly FS2004'ing, but with a bit of FSX.

I also, because I've been simming for many years, & got a bit bored with the usual point-to-point flying.

So, if you would like a bit of a diversion from FSX..

I have a separate install of FS2004 just for Edward & the late Garry Smith's

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/

Plenty of fun to be had there, all free, textures, planes & scenery. It's all meant to be fun, fiction & fact! & with sloping runways as well---

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Scenery-Listing.htm

Timor

Ford-Timor (a fun scenery pack that includes MANY different Jump Ramps)

Ford-Timor (Main Airfield)       FMTI,S8* 29.2419,E125* 54.0386    60.50
  Ford-Timor (Air Platform)        FMTZ,S8* 29.3527,E125* 54.2800  1273
  Ford-Timor (Mountain Platform)   FTMX,S8* 30.4277,
E125* 53.2416  2360 
  Ford-Timor (Grass Runway Upper)  FTMY,S8* 30.9646,E125* 51.6542  2690
  Ford-Timor (Grass Runway Lower)  FTMW,S8* 30.9246,E125* 52.5701  2380
  Ford-Timor (Carrier with ramps)  FTMC,S8* 28.6899,E125* 53.4992    82.20

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Hi Robin,

That Trimotor site looks very interesting - I can see that between that and the South African freeware, I am going to be busy downloading in the next few days! I still have FS2004 installed and as far as I can remember I also installed the freeware Trimotor onto it at one stage so I will have a look at the scenery to go with it. Sloping runways are always good fun - I have a few of them installed in the Alps and some other places in FSX and I always enjoy the challenge of taking aircraft into them for which they were never intended!

I tend to go through phases of doing point to point flying usually when I get a new airliner and as I have recently added the wonderful A2A Constellation, I find myself doing quite a bit of that now trying to replicate the routes of that era. You are right though, point to point flying can get a bit tedious after a while and every so often when I arrive at an airport, just to maintain my sanity (although my wife might disagree with that self assessment of my mental state!!) I will switch to a light aircraft for a little low level VFR flying in the area.

Many thanks again for all your useful links and help,

Cheers,

Bill

I bought FAJS (now FAOR and a patch in their scenery too) a long time ago. It is better than default for sure. Ground textures are not the greatest but also, better than default. I am thinking about picking up Cape Town airport too, I cannot find airport scenery but the links above are all nice for the surroundings.

Just search for Cape Town FSX in the libraries. Something will pop up.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...