What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- Saitek Radio & Multi panel
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- MSI N550GTX-TI
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
. . .
Do I have to install SP1 before SP2???
6 replies to this topic
Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:04 PM
I said Acceleration contains the bits for SP1 and will install them if needed.SP2 is standalone, and requires SP1 to be installed.
ex-Aces Lead PM, FSX SP1 and SP2
ex-Intel LRB native title enablement, ex Intel Gaming and Graphics Samples PM
now Future Architecture PM in Intel DRD
Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:59 PM
You need SP1 before SP2.By the way, uninstalling SP2 also uninstalls SP1 (at least on my machine)! How convenient :)Cheers,=S.V.=eMachines T5026/P4/3.07GHz/1Gb RAM/160Gb S-ATA HDD/Windows XP Home SP2/ATI RADEON 9250 PCI 256Mb/ViewSonic VX910 19' 1280x1024/Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2
Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:44 PM
Copied directly from the FSX SP2 Download page at FSInsider: IMPORTANT: You must install Service Pack 1 before installing Service Pack 2. Hope it clears up any confusion.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's
Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:09 PM
I am almost certain that Phil posted somewhere that SP2 contains SP1, however, I think to be safe installing both on a clean setup will be the best option. My new rig just arrived today so I will be doing the same thing this week.Mark.
Mark Wolpert CYYZ
My DX10 Sim: https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink
My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here: https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000
Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:16 PM
Hello Gang!Quick question! Just got my new machine and I'm getting ready to install FSX fresh. Do I have to install SP1 before SP2 or can I just install SP2 right over the fresh install???Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert
Dennis D. Mullert
Dennis D. Mullert