Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

An initial view of the future at PMDG....

Good Morning, Captains!For those who have been awaiting the initial screen captures of the "mysterious project F" you may have noted that Marc was still working on a few late modifications to the cockpit.He has forwarded the finished cockpit renders to me for handling- and when I return home on Monday evening I should begin the process of putting them together for display to you! I am awaiting a few things from our team before making our announcements regarding the future of our various FLY!II projects, so you'll have to wait just a bit longer for those as well....Suffice it to say that the market for FLY!II based products has proven to be dissapointingly unsubstantial- and the decisions that we are making with regard to continued FLY!II development reflect this.In the mean time, we have two MSFS2K2 products under development- and we'll introduce you to them very shortly! Hope you all are having an enjoyable weekend!Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Monday evening.. Can't wait to see what's in store, but I'm sure it will be good. Thanks for the update :)Jason

Rob,Fantastic! Unfortunately, I was forced to put FLY2 to sleep, due to stability issues. I sure miss my PMDG heavies.While I will certainly miss the FLY franchise, there have been some wonderful advancements in the add-on market for FS2002. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.http://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

Guest Fly II Pilot

Robert,As you know, I've been an avid supporter since day one of both Fly! and PMDG. I've purchased every single add-on that you guys have released (maybe I'm missing one livery for the Fly! 777).I have no interest in the MSFS (at least not right now) and therefore will not buy any add ons for it. I will continue to support and purchase anything that you DO release for Fly! II. Sad to see that you'll no longer be focused on or dedicated to Fly!Best regards,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NY

"I have no interest in the MSFS (at least not right now) and therefore will not buy any add ons for it. I will continue to support and purchase anything that you DO release for Fly! II. Sad to see that you'll no longer be focused on or dedicated to Fly!"The same goes for me.Regards,Rodger

DITTO! And, it sounds like those of us operating the 757 will just have to stay in the cockpit if the flight runs from dark to daylight or vice-versa.At this point, PMDG's "initial view of the future" reminds me of George Carlin's weather forecast for this evening...Dave ReedKLAS

It is your choice gentelmen. If you one day "discover" FS2002 by 'mistake' (as I did) you will see the only thing you will miss about FLY are the scrolling cockpits. But you also do gain a few other things ... Michael J.

Michael,Nice to see ya again. Ever since the old forum switched over I have been busier than a wet dog.It's sad to see that some still cling to the notion that one sim is better than the other. Some things never change. I guess they will just have to miss out. :-(Oh, before you "no interest in MSFS" guys flame me, check the old forums for "rog182" messages. Back in the day of Elrond, Rob Y, and the gang, I was an avid supporter of the FLY franchise. Still am, for that matter..... I just can't run FLY2 on my system.Take care,Roghttp://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

>>It's sad to see that some still cling to the notion that one >sim is better than the other. Some things never change. I >guess they will just have to miss out. :-( Hi Rog,Yeah, I have no problem with someone having preference for FS* or FLY* or yet some other sim. Happens everyday - some prefer BMWs, other go for Lexus or Mercedes. But saying that one sim is great and other sucks is like saying this one team had some secret formula and was much more talented. Such comparison may work with one person but if you take 10+ people development teams their brainpower and amount of creative juices tend to average out. If there is one metric that may give you hint of the relative quality of the product it is amount of man-hours that went into it. I have no idea how FLY/MSFS would compare on this score. FLY's team was definitely smaller but with their overtime and extra 'zeal' it may be close.If there was no FS2002 I would probably be using FLY to this day, no big deal. Michael J.

I have baught all the msfs flight sim products except fs2000. I also have baught all of the fly products. I seem to prefer fly2 when ever I can. I can go on and on about why I prefer fly2 over the other sims. But I know many of you already know why. I also do not understand why PMDG doesnt charge more for a fully functional airliner! I also have baught some of the dreamflight products and others. I find them disappointing compared to PMDG's fly products.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rog,I did not say anywhere that Fly! II is better than MSFS, I never compared one to another. I simply said that I had no interest in it. I cannot say which one is better than another one simply because I have not tried neither MSFS2002 nor MSFS2000. I've only used Fly! and Fly! II, the last version of MSFS I owned was '98.I simply want to stand behind a product that has provided and continues to provide ME with a lot of entertainment. I do not have major problems running Fly! II in MY system.Finally, but most importantly, I am still part of the Beta Team who has helped make this product better so I feel like I somehow belong to Fly! II. I don't want to quit, I think there is still a lot of potential and I don't want to miss it.It is my choice so please respect it.Thanks,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NY

Alejandro,Sorry gent, no disrespect intended. I guess I just read your post in a different light than it was intended.I do however think it's about time that PMDG produced something for MSFS. If for no other reason, they surely deserve the financial rewards of a larger customer base. They have earned it. No one was more dedicated to the FLY franchise than them, and I believe that without them, FLY would not have had the impact that it did.It is sad to what has come of the FLY franchise, but seeing that Rich is thrilled about his new project... brings a type of closure to it all. And coming from someone who has used both sims, I can only say that some of the 3rd party additions for FS2002 are nothing short of spectacular, and are truly revolutionizing the hobby. That is the direction we need to move towards.Cheers,Rogerhttp://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

I still plan on providing quality repaints for the PMDG 757 as soon as is feasible. I may even do a 777 repaint, I just have to see what's envolved and if PMDG wants to allow more repaints for this product.Pete

"saying that one sim is great and other sucks"...who said this??? :-hmmm Rodger

Any time any person makes any statement that favors Fly! II is automatically, by definition, a statement that FS2002 sucks...or didn't you know that? :-lolCheers, Tony