Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

An initial view of the future at PMDG....

OK, OK, guys I scratch the word "sucks" and substitute "unusable" instead. Some seem to imply that if there is no FLY-PMDG marriage there is no simulation to be had. You may prefer one or the other but both sims are usable for the purpose there were designed and priced for.Michael J.

...sorry Tony, I forgot. Silly me!Cheers :-beerchug Rodger

With the patch from Richard and his beta tester's still to come, and PMDG,s future products going over to FS (if we read the above post correctly)it looks like that standalone Airbus sim might becoming in the nick of time for me an Airbus A340 with the comlexity and systems as good as PS1 cant all be bad news. Best wishs Wayne Roberts Boeingfield@blueyonder.co.ukWill they will let me download that Airbus -:-hmmm --------With my Email Address??????????:-lol :-wave

Hi Wayne,Certainly it will be a big day when someone can match PS1's precision in the Airbus world. But whether I will be in line to buy it - probably not. These are great products if system fidelity is the primary goal. However I found myself being drawn more by the aspect of "flyability" and this means definitely better weather and scenery and obviously all primary instruments working flawlessly. Even 767PIC has too much of systems for my taste. If a United pilot whom I met and who could not recall a significant in-flight failure during his 20+ years flying career why should I a 757/767 "wannabe pilot" try to match his ability to handle in-flight emergencies. Taking off, operating flawlessly working aircraft and shooting perhaps some difficult approach in marginal weather is the most I would expect of myself. This is my own simming philosophy and other may have different agenda.In this retrospect I believe PMDG will have some interesting surprises for us in their planned J-41 package. And these surprises will directly address the flyablity factor of the sim rather than the button-clicking one. Michael J.

Guest Mike94

... so long for the announcements you wanted to make..What's the 'Mysterious Project F'??? Where are the promised screenshots??I'm just not patient enough... :-)Cheers,Michael

Michael, completely see where you are coming from. when i first started flight sim (fs98) i thought that it was the best think of earth! and then i got more and more scenery, and better weather, ect. then i found fly! (the very original release). i found out just how much work goes into flying an aircraft (and as one who has worked and flown a tbm 700 i really like the complexities). this all goes back to what each and every individual prefers, and not a my sim is better than yours attitude. having never flown fs2k2 i cannot say if it is better or not, personaly i am not really interested in finding out. i perfer the complexities of the systems of fly!II because it simulates what you have to to do get into the air in a real aircraft. i only hope that PMDG is able to stay afloat and provide us with more outstanding aircraft, even if it is as a side business and their main income is provided from MSFS users. there was a post a few days ago in the PMDG support forum that is rather interesting. "at what cost would you want Fly2 products to continue" is what the post is called. in it i think that there are some really great ideas that i would, personally, love to see come about. i think that paying more for a simulator, which is stable, complete, and is able to simulate a complete aircraft from PMDG would be great! i also have seen something else that i would love to see in the "perfect sim"....fly!II's aircraft, with the complexity of PS, and MSFS's scenery, with x-planes' weather. now, for me that would just be too cool, and would be willing to PAY for it! but i for now i will keep dreaming, and watching people fight in the forums about which sim is better....but we know which one that is....:-lol sorry for ranting for so longanthony :-beerchug