Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

load manager? weird things happening

hi,Whenever I use the load editor (increase weights) and I fly the airplane in fs it takes 12000+ ft of runway to take off (I ran off runway 7L at KLAX and didint rotate for a couple hundred feet after the end of the runway and then when I got into the air the airplane started bobbing up and down as soon as I engaged the AP. The elevator was going crazy moving up and down. Keep in mind I was under the MTOW and the max fuel load limits and I spooled up the engines to about 82 N1 with the brakes on before I started the roll. I then went back to the load manager and reset the weights back to their defaults and all was back to normal. My question is.... Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?Andrew

Hi Andrew!Could you describe aircraft type, ZFW and how much fuel you load. Also, have you entered the correct ZFW and Vspeeds into the FMC? What flap setting did you choose? Any winds to consider?This is so I (or preferably someone who isn

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

I agree, your trim is not set correctly ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Well, not exactly...what happens is that the plane gets out of trim with such weights..This problem happens to me all the times I use the load manager...Even tough the plane is within the allowed MTOW, it reacts as it's way overweighted, and one of the sintomes is as soon as the parking brake is released the nose gear sink's slightly into the tarmak (it doesn't stay leveled as the rear gear do) and not even with a flap 15 takeoff, on a long runway this gets resolved, and then the Autopilot can't couple with the situation and thus the strange behaviou...for the moment DON'T use the load manager, if you want a heavy feeling then use full tank's and reduced takeoff thrust...Jos

hi,Actaully I was at takeoff trim but as I saw then end of the runway coming up real fast I rapidly added trim to almost full up. BTW the aircraft didint rotate until it was at about 220 knots and 200 feet after the end of the runway. The plane was deffinetly with in the MTOW 130,000 pounds). I did notice on the tarmac the nose gear of the aircraft was sunk into the ground (sort of like a flat tire but way worse I think half the nose gear was in the ground). It looked like the aircraft was very nose heavy even though I made sure the amount of cargo in the aft and forward hold was exactly equal.AndrewPS I had 10 flaps but I also tried the takeoff with 15 and that didin't help at all.

Hi,ah, rotate is not when the aircraft rotates by itself but the speed at when YOu have to start pulling back the yoke. That should not an never be after 160/170 knots. Even with about full loaded I got ever the -600 rotate and airborn with about 160kt max. easily.BUT do you have loaded the plane balanced? You see, if you have about 90% or more pax, the zero center weight point (the weight balance point) will move to the rear and so you have to have more cargo in the front bay than in the rear bay. But how do you know exactly how much where to load? The PMDG Load Manager doesnt tell you or helps you about balance. So, when off banalce your trimming will become a problem all the flight. And the takeoff behaviour as well will be a bug problem with trimm and how the plane handles just when you have airborn. Do you know how much fuel do you have to have loaded at all for a trip when you load your plane almost max or just half loaded? It is a BIG difference. And if you loaded too much, you will be too heavy to do a save landing without collapsing gears.Decide for yourself if the PMDG Load Manager is having all needed functions and gives you all info you need without doing deep study about how to load any B737 at a university or airliner flight school... But anyway, there IS a trim issue with the B737-600/-700, even when loaded balanced. I know how to load a B737 balanced, because I am a beta-tester for ACLoader v3 and v4 since 2 years.>hi,>Actaully I was at takeoff trim but as I saw then end of the>runway coming up real fast I rapidly added trim to almost full>up. BTW the aircraft didint rotate until it was at about 220>knots and 200 feet after the end of the runway. The plane was>deffinetly with in the MTOW 130,000 pounds). I did notice on>the tarmac the nose gear of the aircraft was sunk into the>ground (sort of like a flat tire but way worse I think half>the nose gear was in the ground). It looked like the aircraft>was very nose heavy even though I made sure the amount of>cargo in the aft and forward hold was exactly equal.>Andrew>PS I had 10 flaps but I also tried the takeoff with 15 and>that didin't help at all.

Guest Taras Shelest

At me the precisely same problem. I fly on real flight plans. This plane can normally fly only empty. The manager of loading an absolutely useless thing. Do not trust? Try to load the plane and to fly by on the parameters, given by me.