Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

DX8.1b... help confirm: flashing textures problem fixed

Guest PaulL01

>I suppose I should add that upgrading to DX 8.1b has not >fixed the runway texture problems for me. Actually, I can't >notice any difference in any respect with the upgrade and I >have verified that I have the correct new DX files. As >always, however, I am still able to correct the runway >texture problems by unchecking and re-checking the T&L >checkbox, so it's no big deal. I run Win98SE, Geforce 3 >Ti200 with 29.41 drivers. Given that changing from 8.1a to >8.1b hasn't actually done any harm, I guess I am happy to >stick with 8.1b. As I said though, I can't see any >differences between the two at all apart from the version >numbers. Hi Jon,Maybe your looking at the wrong problem? would you mind describing what exactly you are seeing and under what conditions?Thanks,

Guest JonP01

If I am travelling along a runway, the top runway surface texture continuously flashes or "tears" away, exposing the texture underneath - usually a grass texture. Some aerodromes are worse than others. This also happens in CFS2, where the darker surface of the runway flashes or tears, exposing the texture layer underneath. As I pointed out, however, unchecking then re-checking the T&L checkbox fixes the problem in both sims. I only first noticed the problem after I upgraded from a Voodoo 5500 to the Geforce 3 (I re-formatted the HD). I also notice it only happens when multi-texturing is enabled.