Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

DX8.1b... help confirm: flashing textures problem fixed

Guest flightpro08

Same case here Ed. A friend and I both attempted to install the upgrade in XP last night. It didn't seem to do anything. Just going to have to wait for the service pack I suppose.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

same here!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?

Guest flightpro08

Anybody have an idea when the service pack for XP should be released?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

Guest PaulL01

>Well maybe this is a good thing? >>I just looked at my DirectX files thru dxdiag app. >>None of my files have changed. They are all original Xp >installed DirectX files that all say: >>Version 5.01.2600.0000 Final Retail, English, 8/23/2001 >>All of them say that. I check this before the update and >after. Since the install took less than 1 sec im going to >say in my case it did not work. >>???????? >>Ed (The other Ed) >:-hmmm Very odd that you would have ALL of the files in this version all named the same as there should be some older DX5,6 and 7 versions for compatability but perhaps the naming convention is different on XP as I am working with win98SE here at home. If you really want to see what was exactly was changed and updated, search for a file called Directx.log found in the main windows folder in win98, scroll down to the date of your install and it will give a list of about 50 or so files that the update searches and compares, not many are really updated to a newer version, those that are the entry looks something like this:06/28/02 15:01:34: Target file: 'C:WINDOWSSYSTEMdxmigr.dll' Target file is Version 4.8.1.881 Source file is Version 4.8.1.90106/28/02 15:01:34: Installed file C:WINDOWSSYSTEMdxmigr.dllTake care,

Guest PaulL01

Hi Michel,Can you verify that your update was succesful? what OS are you using?Thanks,

Here is the log. I did a full clean install of Xp home about 1 week ago.06/28/02 18:17:06: DXSetup - No command line switch06/28/02 18:17:10: Installation Started with language eng06/28/02 18:17:10: Installing on Whistler06/28/02 18:17:10: Equivalent version already installed06/28/02 18:19:26: DXSetup - No command line switch06/28/02 18:19:30: Installation Started with language eng06/28/02 18:19:30: Installing on Whistler06/28/02 18:19:30: Equivalent version already installed06/28/02 19:13:34: DXSetup - No command line switch06/28/02 19:13:37: Installation Started with language eng06/28/02 19:13:37: Installing on Whistler06/28/02 19:13:37: Equivalent version already installedEd (The other Ed)

Paul tested this evening install went fine no problems, checked at EDDM and saw no flashing taxiways anymore... :-)(Add-on scenery gap)See picture After that tested at EHRD real flashing airport x(and see still the same event (default scenery)See pictureSo still the problem occurs however only on a few :(Gefore 2 V7700 64 MB DX8.1B Win2K Pro SP2 etc...awfEHAM

André

Just adding another "twist" to this running series !!!!, but don`t bite my head off if I`m wrong, I`m a newbie to computers.I`m running WinXP Home, downloaded the 24Mb file, unzipped & takes 1sec to load(no files seem to have been changed).I noticed in the unzipped folder, 4 zip files BDA,BDANT,DirectX & DxNT.Could you unzip the "DIRECTX" file directly into the WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder & update them that way?(the contents of "DIRECTX" & "DXNT" seem similar, which one?)."Just a thought"Rob

I also got the 1 sec install with no changes and wondered about doing this. The more I think about it I think that this WILL be the one time that I let well enough aloneBest REgards, Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com( the third "Ed") in this thread..... Poems no less

Guest Howard

Windows XP. The good news: Using dxdiag the following have newer dates: qdvd.dll now dated 29/4/2002. msyuv.dll now dated 22/6/2002. Not sure where the 20+ meg has gone because these are less than 1 megThe bad news: No effect on flashing taxiway textures.Howard

Guest PaulL01

There are two different "flashing" texture problems, one is Z-buffer related and the other are faulty flatten poly's at various airports that are easily fixed with a new flatten set at the proper elevation, your pic seems to very much resmble that scenario.Thanks for the post. :)

Guest PaulL01

DX update wont install as it should on XP unless certain other updates have been done first (read my first "...proper OS" post in this thread and you will see a link concerning this.