Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Winglets on The 737 - 600-700?

Just curious, but I have seen several pictures of the 737 600 and 700 and they all contain winglets. The PMDG ones do not. Is this an oversite or are there options with and without winglets for the 600s and 700s? Do they make much difference in real flight? It was my understanding that they were meant to increase range by reducing drag. Thanks. Tom:-)

Thanks for the info John. I learned something today!;-) Reards, Tom

But the -600 type can still fly further then the -700. (both without winglets ofcourse)

According to Boeing, the -700 has a 242 statute mile range advantage over the -600 at MTOW.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 Mechanic

Well according to my Greatest airliners manual in the from page you see the range for every single B737 type (except the 100-200-900)And without winglets.At MTOW:THe range for a B737-600= 3717NM B737-700= 3245NMWell it could be wrong ofcourse because i guess boeing is the one how know it best.Regards,Ramon.

Guest tcable

Did you know that there are 737-300's with winglets?Check airliners.net :)Tim

Hi Ramon,I would tend to go with the range numbers Boeing gives.The -300/400 does have an STC (Supplementary Type Certificate) for the installation of the blended winglets and Aviation Partners Boeing is working on more.JohnBoeing 727/737 Mechanic