Sign in to follow this  
tstiegler

B1900D Cockpit

It's my impression too. The B1900D has a really nice exterior but the 2D panel is not of PMDG standard. It's not much more than another King Air panel with some justification. And the Garmin GPS 500 is rarely to be found on a B1900D panel. From that point of view I'm not sure if it's worth the money. It also seems that the airplane is too easy to handle at all. I'm not a real life pilot, so I may be wrong in this case, but I think, the flight dynamics are not very well modelled too.Maybe we can expect some improvements in the future.Nevertheless, the B737 is the best aircraft in my hangar.Regards, Tom.

Please sign your post per forum rules.As indicated on the PMDG Beech 1900D Product page, quote "Moving to the inside of the aircraft, 2D panel has been constructed using images taken directly from the B1900D aircraft. In order to duplicate the layout of the B1900D as closely as possible, we have used a combination fo default MSFS gauges and custom designed PMDG gauges to incorporate layouts unique to the B1900D." end quote.Additional panel configs are possible if you own any of the RealityXP products. Panel config files are available for download from our download section to aid in configuring your RealityXP products.

Guest aca_dia

As a real world commercial pilot I have found the flight dynamics of this 1900D to be better than any MSFS aircraft I have used (maybe a tie with some of FSD's models). Almost all flight sim aircraft are much harder to fly on MSFS than they are in real life! My neighbor is a 1900 captain and he was pretty impressed with this sim version as well as I was. You can actually fly a stable approach with this and the torque and prop settings reflect accurate real world aircraft performance.I like the 2D panel as it has the proper proportions of a 1900 panel (I have plenty of time sitting in a real one) and if you add in Reality XP JL2 avionics it is almost spot on. I have used this to fly a couple dozen approaches already and it is by far my favorite aircraft for FS9.Great job PMGD! I have been waiting for a 1900 like this for a while. I have already started using it with my real world Beech procedures and checklists to start getting the flows down for when go (I hope) through 1900 indoctrination later this year.Douglas

Pete,please don't feel offended. I didn't want to rant. Yes, I read the statementen about the mixture of gauges before I bought the aircraft. I didn't want to say anything against the panel layout. I somehow expected the primary flight instruments developed by PMDG to get the well known quality standard established by PMDG. But this was my fault.Good to hear that the FD are close to their real world counterparts. Are the Jet Line 2 gauges a realistic option? I studied a few panel photos at http://www.jetliners.net and found only the layout as implemented in the released version.Regards from Germany, Tom.

Tom,no worries. My reply was actually intended for ToniA320.

Guest Marc Harrington

ToniA320 / Tom,In case you missed the dozens of announcements and forum messages and did not bother to read through the product page- the B1900D is part of our new Express line, meaning it is not as complex as our main product line. Thus, there are some gauges that are shared with the default King Air. We have clarified this an uncountable amount of times and so this should come as no surprise to you. After all, there is a reason why you only have to pay $14.95!

Marc,please don't be so harsh. I like your products at all and appreciate your outstanding support. But please be fair if you are critized a bit in a particular case. As I stated to Pete I don't want to rant and yes, I bothered to read the statements at your product page and at the forum too. But I allways read about sharing "some" MSFS gauges. Please remove all the King Air gauges from the panel.cfg, load the a/c and look what you see. Honestly said, I expected a bit more than a few light switches and autopilot buttons even it is your Express Line. But as already stated to Pete, this was MY fault.Regards, Tom.

Guest niceguy2782

I too have to say that I was not informed because I was lazy enough not to browse the PMDG forums. I was a bit disaapointed in the panel as well and even though this is PMDG's express line whih is much cheaper I still think a little more effort into the panel would have gone a long long way.With the class that PMDG released their last product for MSFS they set new standards in Paywayre aicraft development and now customers have come to high expectations in anything you release. I wish that PMDG will strive to meet these new set standards and the expectations of their customers. However this would not in anyway hold me back from more PMDG products.I will look through some older threads to find out what I've missed. Well only if I had been more informed. :( .. But the over all superior flight dynamics and visual model is quite irresisitible.Cheers .. Terence

Guest B742FAN

As a customer I have to say that this new product was SPOT ON to what I expected to get after reading up on the "Express Line" of PMDG products. Clearly stated and obviously shown is the fact that they used common Beechcraft MSFS gauges and a somewhat simpler (when compared to the NG) cockpit. The flight model is absolutely superb and the external model is a 10 out of 10 in my book. Sorry but I feel there was no misrepresentation and should really be no confusion about this. Josh

Guest aca_dia

>It is unbelievable how rude and sarcastic you PMDG people are>to your CUSTOMERS on a PUBLIC FORUM.>>I for one have voted with my credit card and will NEVER buy>any of your products again. You have made a mint from the FS>community and you continue to treat your customers like>idiots.>>Douglas Bateman (MD)>>>>>It is amazing how people can read a message and have two opposite interpretations. I can

Guest cw1011

You know, I can't let this one pass without a comment. PMDG is by far the most responsive, polite and genteel of all the publishers of add ons, followed very closely by the good folks at Flight 1 and FSD. The products are excellent and the support terrific. They take time to monitor this forum, answer questions (often the same ones again and again that are also covered in the manual), share their flying experiences and keep folks up to date on progress on their products. They do so with good humor and attention to detail that leaves, say the publisher that charges for its liveries in the dust. Frankly, it is unbelievable to me how some people believe just because they are purchasing a product that they are no longer governed by the rules of good manners and etiquette and that that allows them to treat staff members like servants. Or if they are disapointed with a purchase because they didn't do their homework, how it is not their fault but the one selling the software. I think they deserve gold stars for their patience given the number of time they have to answer the same questions, go over things included in the manual, and in this case, make explanations for something that is very clearly spelled out on the product page and priced clearly below the level of their other offerings. So don't buy their products. In the end its your loss. There are many, many, many more of us who are more than happy with PMDG and their great airplanes.

Guest cw1011

You know, I can't let this one pass without a comment. PMDG is by far the most responsive, polite and genteel of all the publishers of add ons, followed very closely by the good folks at Flight 1 and FSD. The products are excellent and the support terrific. They take time to monitor this forum, answer questions (often the same ones again and again that are also covered in the manual), share their flying experiences and keep folks up to date on progress on their products. They do so with good humor and attention to detail that leaves, say the publisher that charges for its liveries in the dust. Frankly, it is unbelievable to me how some people believe just because they are purchasing a product that they are no longer governed by the rules of good manners and etiquette and that that allows them to treat staff members like servants. Or if they are disapointed with a purchase because they didn't do their homework, how it is not their fault but the one selling the software. I think they deserve gold stars for their patience given the number of time they have to answer the same questions, go over things included in the manual, and in this case, make explanations for something that is very clearly spelled out on the product page and priced clearly below the level of their other offerings. So don't buy their products. In the end its your loss. There are many, many, many more of us who are more than happy with PMDG and their great airplanes.

Guest ToniA320

I bought this new plane yesterday. From the fist flight on I was disapointed because I saw a different HSI on my programm than in your screenshots. It is just the HSI from standard King Air in FS...Can you help me?

Guest Marc Harrington

Tom,es war ja nicht nur an Sie gerichtet.The point of the Express line is to provide a stunning visual experience. This includes the detailed exterior model and virtual cockpit/cabin. As a bonus we added the 2D panel, sound package and realistic flight model. If we had gotten our programers involved full time, the price would have gone up quite a bit AND it would have interfered with our main line products like the 737-800/900 and the 747-400. Combined with the free add-on liveries and the panel config files for Reality XP users, the B1900D is more than just good value, especially for a price of $14.95, which is like what- 12 Euro? We also took great precautions in not raising expectations that this would be a highly complex and functional add-on. Thus we created the Express line. Most customers so far have appreciated our efforts in creating a simple to use and fun to fly/great to look at add-on. If you want custom gauges with every switch operative, we offer the 737-600/700 and soon the 737-800/900 and 747-400.Sincerely,