Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

TCAS voice volume

Hi,Is there any way you can choose the volume for the TCAS voice separately from the other PMDG voice messages, ie RA callouts, Vspeds etc? I find the TCAS volume to be very silent in comparison to the RA callouts for example which makes it very hard to find a suitable volume. Either you have a suitable TCAS volume but the RA callouts are far to loud or otherwise you have a suitable RA callouts volume but instead you can't almost hear the TCAS voice.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

I see nobody replied to the privious message but I have the same problem. Does anyone know which volume control to increase. I have tried most combinations.....Is the TCAS volume control under Cockpit, Environment or Navigation?ThanksDon

You can adjust the sound level of each file if you go into the folder and right-click the file, then select Record. A little program called Sound Recorder will come up and you can adjust the volume up or down by 25%. Under Effects just click the decrease or increase area on the menu. Each click is a 24% change. I've done this with nearly all my sounds in the sim.IMPORTANT: The sounds on my computer are a lot louder when playing them outside the sim with Sound Recorder. This is with the volume on my external speakers and computer itself set at where I play the sim. Keep this in mind when adjusting the levels. ;)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yes, this is how I solved it too and just like you I have since I wrote that post changed nearly all the sounds in the sim too - find it a very good way to have just the volume you want on all the different sounds. What you should also keep in mind though is that if increasing the volume via the sound recorder too much, that will also have a bad effect on the quality of the sound.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

I never turn 'em up that much. Maybe 2 or 3 clicks up or down, depending on the sound. The crash sounds were too quiet, as were a lot of the default sounds. I thought some were too loud, but mostly I find that add-ons have louders sounds with a few too quiet ones. The PMDG needed all of the GPWS sounds turned down in most cases. I think stall was too quiet and only a couple others.It has worked really well so far. I only have a few I can't get any louder, but I think they should be. Especially engine sounds. Some of my GA add-ons are just too low in engine noise, but I'm not going to mess with the sliders every time I fly.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest bobsk8

>I never turn 'em up that much. Maybe 2 or 3 clicks up or>down, depending on the sound. The crash sounds were too>quiet, as were a lot of the default sounds. I thought some>were too loud, but mostly I find that add-ons have louders>sounds with a few too quiet ones. The PMDG needed all of the>GPWS sounds turned down in most cases. I think stall was too>quiet and only a couple others.>>It has worked really well so far. I only have a few I can't>get any louder, but I think they should be. Especially engine>sounds. Some of my GA add-ons are just too low in engine>noise, but I'm not going to mess with the sliders every time I>fly. I did this with some of the warning sounds like " Don't Sink" which could have drown out a real DC9 in DB's. Now my neighbors don't wake up in the middle of the night anymore :)

Guest ATCguy

I just experimented with the Windows Sound Recorder last night, and it works beautifully. I fly with the volume up because I like to hear and feel the engines (A tad unrealistic, perhaps. Nice, though). I have only reduced the altitude calls. If I'm about to hit some "cumulo-granite" cloud, I don't mind it being loud, but I prefer everything else quiet.Roger

Thanks for your inputs everyone, I will try your suggestions. But I am still curious too which sound channel TCAS is in. I have adjusted all channels to zero but the volume is still the same. So is the volume pre-programmed and is non-adjustable?RegardsDon

Don,Did you adjust the PMDG sound slider in the PMDG menu? This is the channel the sounds are coming from.