Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Update Coming for 737-800/900....

Captains-Just a VERY short post to let you know that we have made a significant amount of progress in nailing down some of the issues that have been reported to us in the 3 weeks since release!We've broken the issues into categories- and worked them in order of significance....Currently we have a couple of issues related to the electrical system that are MUCH harder to track and reproduce- so we're essentially reconstructing the electrics line by line to see if we cannot resolve the issue even without being able to duplicate it consistently.....It's a slow process- and we expect it to take more time if we are to accomplish it correctly.In the mean time, however- we have decided that we are going to issue a "Temporary Update" to knock out the problems that have already been solved...1) V1/80knot engine failures not called for in the PMDG menu.2) Electrical/Battery Drain failure.Not all of you experince the above two problems- but we have noticed that those of you who DO experience these problems tend to have them over and over.... This temporary update is really targeted to you folks- so that you can return to enjoying the sim without getting leg cramps from stomping that opposite rudder all the time. ;-)For those of you who do NOT experience the above problems- this temporary update is not necessary- and you'd be best advised to wait until we issue a formal, complete update...I haven't done a great job of keeping the MSB up to date this week.... Lefteris and I have been working extremely long days in order to get this update prepared.... We expect to have it available for download from our site very shortly... (read: within a day or two or five...)FIle size: appx 4MB...Note: We have prepared a 737-600/700 model update so that those of you who own the 737-6/7/8/900s can update the 6/700 to have the same Virtual Cockpit capabilities as the 8/900.... We are holding on to this update until we finish the complete 8/900 update just in case we have to change anything about the 6/700 cockpits.....Sorry for the holdup...but it's for the best, we think....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest EISN_CONTROL

First off,Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm just curious to to whether the Battery Drain fix will prevent the battery draining over time for all customers?To be more specific,I dont have the battery drain problem,and I like to think that if I rely on the battery for too much time,the battery will eventually fail...just as it should. Is this the case after I install the Main update(not the temporary one as I dont have the problem)? This seemed to be the case with the fuel logic system after the SU2 update,the APU no longer takes fuel from the tanks as it should.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Hi Robert,Like John said, thanks for keeping us updated.During your investigation/work with the upcoming patch, have you managed to find anything out about the CTD (crach to desktop) problems some users have. Me for instance when trying to load the 2D panel model from start which results in a FS9 crach (see my posts in the maintenance thread).Luckily I found a temporary way around the problem but still there's obviously something that isn't working like it should when FS9 craches like that. Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest iQue

Hi Randazzo!I

Richard... I would say that you have already tried this.. I found that when I started FS using non default planes.. things seemed to go wrong all the time. Then I ready a post that said that you should start using a default aircraft.. It seemed to fix most if not all of my problems :)CheersRyan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Hi Ryan,Yep, already tried that but to no avail. In my case I have to start from a saved default flight in any PMDG a/c other than the 2D panel model. Then I have to change to the 2D panel afterwards to be able to fly the 2D panel. If I start up with the 2D panel or any other a/c including the default MSFS a/c:s FS9 will crasch when I choose the 2D panel model under the Aircraft menu after I press the 'Fly now' button. For a more detailed description have a look at my posts in the maintenance thread.But thanks anyway!

Richard Åsberg

First let me say thanks to Robert and the entire PMDG team for this hard work.Just to indicate how difficult their work must be, Richard I start FS with previous saved PMDG 737-800 in outside view. I then go to cockpit 2D panel view. I have never had a CTD with this, nor have I experienced a V1/80 knot engine failure. Now go figure why would some people have it fail when others don't? I would go crazy trying to track down failures that are so random.However to the entire PMDG team, THANKSBob JohnsonDenver

Hi Bob,I agree tracking down all these kind of random and sometimes very strange problems must be all but pleasant and just like you I think PMDG are really great both in the way they produce this kind of extremly fun and advanced add-ons but also for their hard work trying to solve any problems that occur.When it comes to my CTD problems I luckily found a way around them in the way I already described earlier but still there must be some kind of problem when you can't just fire up FS9, choose the PMDG 2D panel as your a/c and then go flying. And like I said in my previous posts I'm more than willing to help PMDG locate the problem in any way I can since I realize how hard it is to track down these kind of problems. And for the record, I already tried a total reinstallation of my complete FS9 environment - I deleted every trace of FS9 and installed it from scratch and then installed PMDG's 737NG right after that with no other add-ons but the problem was still there. So it can't be because of some other strange add-on I use. Also I find my PC config rather common (see my signature below)Anyways, I'm happy that I'm able to fly the a/c using my "work-around" and like lots of others I'm having great fun with this a/c!!All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,That is why I am so confused about CTD's guys like you have experienced. My system spec's are below yours, I am running a P4 1.7ghz, 512mb of RAMBUS mem/400ghz FSB, gForce 4200/64 video card. As I said in my previous post, I start FS9 without the startup menu, it goes directly to my saved flight. When I fly the 800, I save that flight at the gate where I landed. I start my next flight from that exact same spot, which is where FS9 opens in outside view in a window. I then start ActiveSky, Radar Contact and FSRealtime and then expand to full screen. Set fuel and Payload and then go the 2D cockpit view. Never a CTD.One would expect that sequence which works on my system would also work perfect on yours, that is so weird. At one time thought maybe there was a problem with starting with a MS default plane and then changing to the NG, or that the "cold and dark" situation had a bug. However I have heard all the problems with both of these.Just StrangeGlad Richard that you have a work-around on your CTD, the NG really is fun to fly. I wish I had time today, here in Denver today we have rain and low ceiling and visibility, just the kind of wx to do ILS approaches (grin)CheersBob

Guest christianholmes

Well hold on a minute- You mean you're releasing a patch THREE WEEKS after the product? What are you trying to do, make the customers happy? Unless you really want to annoy the competition with your superior support, I suggest the following:1) Feign interest in peoples problems.2) Make vague statements about future releases.3) Offer generic support tips.4) Slowly drop out of existence.5) Re-emerege admist a shower of propoganda about a forth coming new release.Hope this helps :)P.S. I just bought the Track IR 3 because I figured it would be really sweet with this plane. No I don't have a ton of money- just a ton of holes in my pockets :)

Guest Fortress

Thanks Robert. I'm fortunate enough not to have had these problems, but c'mon folks, this is what customer support is all about. If I could call for a round of applause, I would:-) Robert et al you're the best!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgwww.BAVirtual.co.uk[p]Officially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[/p]

Guest BK1

I have to echo the other comments made. I wouldn't normally waste the bandwidth, but I believe positive comment needs to be made as well as the "bug" reports and complaints.PMDG, your commitment to customer service truly is second to none! I have to say that I am lucky in that I have experienced no CTD's and only 1 minor issue out of those mentioned, and quite frankly, for the price I paid for this add-on, absolutely nothing comes close in terms of value for money.Please continue with your fantastic work in the knowledge that by far the majority (if silent) of FS users appreciate and acknowledge both the quality of the product you have provided, along with the follow up service.Well done guys. Don't stop doing what you do so well.Bruce Kilby(Captain - British Airways Virtual)

Agree, those approaches are real fun! Haven't had the time for any flying either today, but hopefully I'll get up in the virtual air tomorrow ;-)Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest VCSIGDA

Thanks for the hard work,Just wondering if you are having any luck with the LOC Back CRS.I will try and wait patiently for your patch. I have been doing a lot of flights with no other problems at all, love your planes.CYQRVincent