Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nickman

Flight specifications pages

Guest Nickman

Just wanting to confirm something for a friend; you set the CLB, CRZ, and DES pages before takeoff right?Also wondering for myself what a Transition altitude really is. I've always left it alone, but wondering what it is.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

The CLB page for sure, CRZ too, but DES I'd leave for later on (particularly if it's a long flight) Transition altitude is the altitude at which during a climb you switch from the local QNH to the standard setting. TL is the opposite, the FL at which you switch from standard baro settings to the local QNH. Hope it helps.Luca

To add to that. The Transition Altitude is FL180 (18,000) in most countries, but is FL100 (10,000) here in Australia.

Actually I think TL FL180 is mainly US, in Europe the TL varies between different countries and even between different airports in the same country.