Sign in to follow this  
Guest CAL737

Virtual Airlines Question

Guest CAL737

To all,I have been flying in FS for many years but the one thing I've never truly understood is virtual airlines. Could someone explain to me the VA concept as I'm interested in VA's? Also if someone could give me some suggestions of some VA as I find them difficult to find. I'm interested in American and Pacific based VA's, but all suggestions are welcome. All input is appreciated!:-)Thanks to all,Travis

G'Day TravisA VA is basicly a a group of people that act as a real airline, but in Flightsim. If you are a pilot for a VA eg Virgin Blue, you would fly like the real airline (the same flights as in real life). You fly the same aircraft as the real airline, and comply with the real airlines rules and regulations. At the end of each flight, you complete a flight report like the real airline. Basicly your a pilot flying for an airline but in FS rather than the real world.Not all airlines are based on a real airline. Many are just made up by people and they make their own flight schedules etc.Hope this is understandable. Any more questions please ask.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Pilot3033

I like to also think of VA's as a community of people as well. A group of people who you will become friends with, fly with, and have fun with. There are a lot of VA's out there that are on a fly only basis. If you decide to embrace a VA, then make sure it is the right one fore you, good fleet, nice cities, and the community is to your likeing. Some VA's are strict, some are not. Also, there are a lot of VAs on places like VATSIM. Online, with a real person acting as your ATC. www.vatsim.net if your interested. I think it's worth getting into, it will make your flight sim experiance so much more real.-Matt

Guest Pilot3033

I like to also think of VA's as a community of people as well. A group of people who you will become friends with, fly with, and have fun with. There are a lot of VA's out there that are on a fly only basis. If you decide to embrace a VA, then make sure it is the right one fore you, good fleet, nice cities, and the community is to your likeing. Some VA's are strict, some are not. Also, there are a lot of VAs on places like VATSIM. Online, with a real person acting as your ATC. www.vatsim.net if your interested. I think it's worth getting into, it will make your flight sim experiance so much more real.-Matt

Guest ALT260

Try Altair Virtual Airlines. Visit http://www.altairva.com and see what we're all about. Many VA's will let you fly specific airplanes to specific destinations. Not with Altair. There you have total freedom to fly to wherever you like in an aircraft of your choice. You will find a bunch (over 200 ACTIVE)of pilots trying to have fun and learn something about flying as well.At Altair you start your virtual career at the Altair flight academy. That, and logging 10 hours every 3 months are the only two musts at Altair. If you would like to challenge yourself and become a more allround pilot is all up to you. Visit the training pages on the website and find out there's an incredible amount of training material.Altair organizes events on a regular basis. We promote online flying but pilots that can't or won't fly online are just as welcome. There are many pilots that are with us for the past 3 years that never logged one online flight hour.Also pay our forum a visit and try to get a taste of the atmosphere that makes people stay...regards, Rob

Guest Northy

Hi,Click on the link below.Feel free to browse the pages of our VA,its very informative for someone looking to join a VA.The staff are very helpful and knowledgable too.hope this helps,Regards,Martin.

Guest AFApresident

A virtual Airline and especially American Flight Airways http://www.flyafa.com with its 8 hubs tries to simulate the workings of a real world airline as much as possible together with giving the pilot the best experience from flying Flight Simulator. We want you to have fun when flying, to make friends with fellow pilots and to help you in gaining aviation knowledge. Therefore with AFA you can choose any route you like and fly it whenever you like (the only requirement is that you fly at least once a month, which can be as little as a 30min flight). We have a dedicated staff which will help you with all your questions and we have pilots all over the US, Europe (mainly UK) and Australia.For those who want more realism we are planning on a 'pilot request basis only' to assign flights. Furthermore we have a low cost carrier Alpha Jet which flies some routes out of Detroit city (kdet) and Oakland and codeshare with Pacific Airways enabling our pilots to fly all their routes including Cargo and bush flights.I encourage you to visit our Airline at http://www.flyafa.com and consider enrolling today.PS: a PMDG 737-800 is currently being painted in our AFA Hangar and is expected to roll out soon.-----------------------------------------------------------Thomas SnoeckAFA2280http://www.flyafa.com

Take at look at this one as well. It is operated really well and has some great routes!www.midconair.com

Another great VA group is the Flying Tigers Group at http://www.cpavirtual.org/VirtualATP.aspYou join one of their airlines to start with, but once you register, you can fly routes for all of the affiliated airlines. You can pick your own routes to fly from the real world schedules. Some of the member VA's also have "classic" divisions so you can fly routes and planes from the 60's and 70's.I fly for Aloha VA out of the Hawiian Islands. There are PMDG paints for other member airlines as well.Bill

For the last two years I've been flying with SimAirline.net (http://www.simairline.net). There are 16 virtual airlines to choose from. It's a great group of people and a very relaxed and fun atmosphere. And of course countless ways to use your PMDG 737!