Sign in to follow this  
kiwimail

.pln to .rte?

Just bought the 737NG on cd and having a lot of fun with it however can someone tell me if it's possible to import flightplans that I created in FS9 into the FMC.I tried it by changing the .pln file into .rte as in the Flightplan folder in PMDG but upon executing it the program crashed and had to hard reboot. Thanks

Hi, you could download FSnavigator which is a better flight planner and on the same website there is a utility that will export the plan you create on there to the pmdg fmc fsnavigator has more wpts and airways and things like that. so it would be good to download that it is shareware though and you can only use it for 20 days. hope this helped Tyler

dont purchase FSNav, its not all that good. It is a fair planner, really poor on the simulated FMC stuff (wont work with most payware anyway).IMO, if you want a good planner, purchase FSBuild (even the outdated freeware version of it is better than the payware FSNav). Excellent real world routing, exporting, database, fueling, dispatch - a very complete package.Also, you can simply plan your route in FS9 and use the freeware program available here on AVSIM, it is called PLN2RTE, it works great and is just what it sounds like you need.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest bobsk8

I tried FS Build and FS Nav both. FS nav wins hands down as far as I am concerned. It is easier to use, has many more features plus a great map where you can look up just about anything as you fly. Couldn't fly without it anymore. I never use FS Build.

Guest Lenny Zaman

Mike,you are right in saying FSBUILD is a good planner.but 'excellent real world routing' ????nahhhhnot at allperhaps for the US region with all those standard routes but use it for european routes and you'll get the biggest pile of rubbish ever seen. Same goes for fsnav...but i do agree, fsbuild produces handy information if you allready have the basic routeing.Cheers

good point and well taken...I utilize it strictly within the U.S.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I use a combination of all three! (FSNAV, FSBUILD, Realworld charts!)Just bear in mind that the Flight simulator flightplanner does not use airways, but a VOR-VOR build. So the routing its produces is not realistic at all.Ross

Guest Buck Bolduc

I dont do much flying in Euorope.How do you find http://rfinder.asalink.net I found iy works pretty well by entering the summary into the FMC and then using Dep/App pages to enter the Sids and Stars. You then have to get rid of any disco's.You can get a visual of your route by cycling thru the legs pages while your in "Plan Mode"Maybe it's not that great in EuoropeRegards

Guest hellogoodbye

That link is pretty good (for Europe) but it doesn't always make real life plans: it often uses other airways than IRL. The plans do however LOOK realistic (using airways and all) so it's A LOT better than the FS planner! The summary is great for the FMC and the complete list is also nice to have with you. I always print it (the site is really printer friendly!) and hey, it's FREE! :)