Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Colors sure give it more life :-)

Hmm, at least you were honest :-)

Guest Erups

The 777 has an option for the BLUE type software, but it doesn't mean LCDs are blue ;)777 can also have "normal" color.Maybe that electric blue is supposed to help the pilots stay awake?

>Some of them.Really? From what I've seen in pictures, I'd say MOST of them have LCD screens. But maybe I'm wrong, please excuse me in that case. :)

Sure Kevin only if one believes that the panel is gold too. That's va night shot AND the coloring is not at all reflective of the true PFD. One can see this in official photos. But I am sure you took a pot shot because of your "panel's" matching this coloring scheme but sorry it does not reflect reality....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]I WANT MY 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)

Guest Ionizeyou

Hey Randy...No pot-shots here, that's not my style. Do yourself a favor and search airliners.net and use "Lauda Air" as your cockpit search words. This is a Lauda Air Configuration and one that I really enjoy. We use this scheme in our NG product and it does very well. Not only that, but I've not received even one email to us complaining of this color scheme. It's about choice Randy, and if you choose not to like it, then don't... but don't tell someone that it's fake just because you haven't seen it. I respect what PMDG has done and think it to be a very good product, and our customers tell us we have a good product as well. Most prefer the option of choice... and that's just what we provide; another option.

Well Kevin I have been in a real cockpit and sorry that's just not reality, as for choice, the PMDG has the option to change the coloring as one can do on the MCP. But please do not argue your point from some strange picture oddities from Airliners.net. It's like me saying yellow is really blue at least in some pictures, again not reality. No offence but your product is is not 1/10 the complexity of this NG, I am suprised you would even make a comparion....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]I WANT MY 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)

Sorry Randy,I have been to several Lauda cockpits and this is just exactly how they look like. And if you search on a.net, you'll see that other airlines use sthe same or similar colours.BTW you can mmatch this colour settings of the PFD with the PMDG colour options.What concerns me more is the colouring of the panel itself. Most airlines use a dark grey colour for their panels (like the Hamburg International panel of the Madeira approach shot). The PMDG panels are too bluish/purpleish (at least the 600/700 ones)Wolfgang

Guest wkzzo

Lauda's cockpits use the same color as every other NG, as well as the same gray background color for the cockpit structure. What your seeing in those picture's are color aberations from the photo taken at night with a long exposure or incorrect settings from the camera.Edit: also in those Lauda pic's it looks like they have the LCD brightness turned up all the way which tend to make the LCD's bleed out like that at night. Its picked up by the camera but does not really look that way to the eye. Also all NG's are LCD there are no CRT's