Sign in to follow this  
Guest M.Kuehn

Using the old 737-600/700 Panel after installing 800/900

Guest M.Kuehn

Hello PMDG Team and Forum!I think I asked this question already a few months ago, but didn't get any answer. I even don't really know what to enter in the "Search" mode of the forum in order to find any other threads like mine. If there is one - then I'd like to have a link to it. Thank you :)My problem, as you can read in the Subject, is the panel of my 737-600/700. When installing only these aircrafts you have a new-looking panel, like the aircraft just came out of the hangar.But after installing the 800/900 series, automatically the beautiful former 600/700 panel is replaced by a new one, which looks like this plane has been used for about 20 years. All knobs old, everything looks like it has been often used.Even if this seems to be more realistic - I just don't like it. It doesn't look nice to me. I would really like to have my former 600/700 panel back. I tried to make a backup of the former textures before installing the 800/900. Then I wanted to copy my backup-textures back to the 737-700 panel folder. But it didn't work. That means if I have installed the 800/900 series I must fly my 737-700 with these old-looking panel which I really don't like.My question is how I can continue using the 600/700 panel even if I install the 800/900 series. I would be really happy if you could additionally tell me if and how I can use this panel even on the 800/900, which of course also shall look new to me instead of old and used.Maybe I'm the only one who likes the old panel better than the updated one, but I really hope that you can help me.Kindest regards,Manuel

Hi M.Kuehn,I think I know what you're referring to. I assume you're talking about the style of the panel, correct? You can change the panel back to that original style. I saw actual pictures of the old looking style in a photo, so I think these 737s can actually switch between these two styles. If this is your problem, run the flight simulator with the 737-700NG, or which ever one you want to fly. If you're using full screem mode, press the Alt key and a menu will come up at the top. You will see a menu that says PMDG. Select PMDG and a drop down menu will appear. Select 737NG and then Style. A window will open and allow you to change the style of the panel. Look for EFIS/MAP and PFD/ND. Since your panel has changed, the EFIS/MAP is the one selected. Just select the PFD/ND and your panel will go back to the way it looked before you installed the 737-800, 900 series. When I first installed the 800 and 900 series, I noticed that my panel has changed and I really did not like it either. I guess the style depends on the individual or on the flight situation when the flight crew can switch between the two styles. Ken.

Guest M.Kuehn

Hello Ken!Thanks for your answer. I'm very sorry but that's not the problem I mean. I already recognized and used the function to change the panels' style, including EFIS/MAP and PFD/ND changes. I made a screenshot and attached it to my post to show you my problem. On the left you can see the panel of the former 737-700, before installing the 800/900 series. Everything looks new and unused. On the right you can see my 737-700 panel after installing the 800/900. You can see the difference. Of course the buttons and knobs are still where they have to be and it hasn't any effect on the functions of the panel, but I just don't like the new panel textures. But as I said just replacing them with the old ones doesn't actually work.Hope you can help!Regards,Manuel

The panel was updated when the -800 is installed. It now includes TCAS and updated EICAS and FMC and new features all over the place that you really don't want to remove ;) .

Guest M.Kuehn

Hello!If I could I would remove them. I seem to be quite the only one who would but for me the textures are quite more important than some features I actually don't need.Any comment from PMDG maybe? :-wave Regards,Manuel

Manuel,It's not possible to replace the panel bitmap without removing the 800/900.Hope it helps,

Hi Manuel,I didn't know you were referring to the overhead panel until I clicked on the attachment. Yes, I noticed that the overhead panel looks a little bit different too. Even the master caution button on the main panel is not as clear and distinct as the first installation. But I was pretty much satisfied when I could change the panel. Like Mats said, there's no way to replace the bitmaps without removing the 800/900 series. PMDG has a utility that will remove or uninstall these planes. Ken.

Guest M.Kuehn

Thank you anyway. Well then I'll have to become a friend of the new textures, if I want or not ;) Thanks for your advice. But for the future (further products), why don not ask the user if he wants to replace his other aircrafts' panels or not? Would be great.Manuel

Hi My 600/700 panel is broke since installing the boxed 737-800/900 , it seems as if theres no electical power to it and i cant use it , the only way i can have a working 600/700 and 800/900 is to install the 600/700 into FS 2002 and the 800/900 into FS 9. Any ideas ? Rich

ugcx_banner.png