Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agamemnon

PMDG 777 Post Here

Guest Agamemnon

HiAs suggested in the we want a Scarebus thread I would like to ask PMDG to consider making a 777.Yes I know that there is another company developing one but this great plane needs to be designed by a developer who`s design philosophy is to model every system in minute detail.Troy

>Yes I know that there is another company developing one Who?Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>As suggested in the we want a Scarebus thread I would like to>ask PMDG to consider making a 777.I take 777 anyday over a Scarebus. ;-)But ultimately I would prefer something smaller for a change.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest ahmedem

Don't quote me but is there not a 777 lined up anyway after the MD-11. I seem to remember one of the PMDG staff saying this around the time the MD-11 was announced, but perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me.

"But ultimately I would prefer something smaller for a change."Indeed, with a 747, 767 and MD11 you're going to have too many long haul options. I might only be able to make one real long haul flight a week, so the big birds dont really get utilised as often.Personally Id love to see a paid service pack to the 737 series. Although a great PMDG work, there are numerous development issues with the 737, and alot has been learnt in all departments since then and these need to be retrograded into the 737, there are too many to mention.I am all for the continued development of a piece of software, and after the 747 and MD11, PMDG should put all their efforts into raising the 737 to the new 747s standard.It can't be a patch, but a paid upgrade... PMDG...... its the most common sense option out of all the options.All the best.Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest FattyBear

But a paid upgrade would have to be pretty cheap. Getting a 737 with all of todays standards in FS add-ons already costs $70 to the new buyer. It's expensive enough as it is.

Guest aarskringspier

I have to say that this is really a fairly cheap hobby. ive spent a lot of money I guess in the long term, however the hours of use I get from what I purchase translates into an excellent bargain and I am not wealthy by any stretch of the term. 70 dollars isnt cheap at all period, however breaking it down into useage, atleast mine, makes this one of the greatest hobbies I know of in terms of cost benefit.

I agree this is a cheap hobby. Try comparing it to golf. $1,000 +/- for a good set of clubs, golf balls $8-$12 per box (which you keep hitting in the water), round of golf $45 +++++++ depending on where you play. And what do you get, some exercise and a whole lot of frustration and maybe you paid your forsome some big bucks because you played a lousy game that day. Add all of that to the fact it rained all day. As far as the exercise is concerned, you could have just gone for a walk for free.Then you decide the reason you played so poorly was because of your driver. For another $300 you can buy the perfect drive. When that doesn't work you can take lessons at $40 a crack.Just think of all the flight simming you could do with the above $$. That set of golf clubs would buy a whole lot of good PFC equipment. Every roumd of golf is worth a great PMDG aircraft. You don't get wet when it is raining and when you crash and burn you just hit restart. How sweet it is. And by the way, the lessons are free from a whole lot of friendly fellow simmers.TomPS: I will keep playing golf(so I don't get any fatter) but will always have flight simming to help keep my sanity.

Guest aarskringspier

My bad drives are do to bad back.........pulled groin..........hurt knee.....

Guest Erups

>Personally Id love to see a paid service pack to the 737>series. Although a great PMDG work, there are numerous>development issues with the 737, and alot has been learnt in>all departments since then and these need to be retrograded>into the 737, there are too many to mention.>>I am all for the continued development of a piece of software,>and after the 747 and MD11, PMDG should put all their efforts>into raising the 737 to the new 747s standard.>>It can't be a patch, but a paid upgrade... PMDG...... its the>most common sense option out of all the options.I second every single word.I wish they will too...

Guest MightyMatt76

further developement is definitely a way to go! new features and enhancements, i would gladly pay for it! this might be the new revelution in product design since almost every well known commercial liner has been built, why re-invent the wheel, perfect it even further with the new technologies!my 1 cent (dollar to euro conversion rate :))groeten,matthew *a.k.a. luchtwafel*5NM south by south east of EHRDfsbanner.jpg

Upgrades typically cost 40-70% of the full price (depending on the scope of the upgrade).That's true pretty much all over the industry. It's only in this twisted FS addon market that customers expect lifetime free products once they spend a bit.

IIRC, Bill Grabowsky was planning a 717-200 panel mod to the MD-11 panel back when he was going at the project alone, since the two aircraft share the same flight deck (minus a throttle, of course). This seems like a fairly logical next step in the PMDG line, though I would very much like to see a T7 from PMDG.-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Guest GabrielR

Yes! We have a lot of planes to choose from:Big Airliners I would say PMDG all the way. (Have not bought the Level D767, But I am going to wait a little more, since I am planning to get the 747)Turbo prop commuters: ATR is the bestGA: Realair's ACs (the Spit and the soon-to-come reworked SF260)I would like to see the 737 taken to the new standards!, You will not need to buy this upgrade if you don't want...., I will call it 737 Professional Edition..., because once I get my hands on the new VC technology of the 747 (VC freak) I would like to see it in my most beloved airliner, the PMDG 737 (for a reasonable price I guess that us, the die hard fans of PMDG would be willing to pay)