Sign in to follow this  
mrbutt

EPR

Dear PMDG Team !I've read in this forum that originally there will be no EPR Gauge in your 747-400 Cockpit. Other Developers like Level-D also haven't done a EPR Gauge in their Cockpit. Is there a difficulty in programming it?I remember that PSS simulated it in their 747-400.I hope there's a way to do it for you, would be nice.ThanksChris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i would really like this to be modelled as well...however, it is apparently very hard to model due to limitations of FS, and PSS could do it because theirs was a stand alone sim. :(if i am wrong feel free to correct me

EPR stands for Engine Pressure Ratio. EPR is the primary method of measuring the power produced by Rolls Royce and Pratt & Whitney engines. It is basically the relationship between engine inlet pressure and turbine exhaust pressure.

Just as a sidenote. The EPR gauges you have seen in other (numerous even) aircraft use the MSFS internal EPR which doesn't resemble reality so well that it could be used for any serious simulator add on.I won't comment on the difficulties of creating a true EPR gauge for MSFS. The experts can throw in their

>i would really like this to be modelled as well...>>however, it is apparently very hard to model due to>limitations of FS, and PSS could do it because theirs was a>stand alone sim. :(>>if i am wrong feel free to correct meDear Alex !With PSS i mean Phoenix Simulation Software they did a 747-400 for FS2000.Chris

Tero,What about Stellan Hilmerby's EPR gauge in the DC-9? Have you tried it. I have no experience with EPR ratios so can't really tell if it's accurate or not. I would be surprised though if Stellan, as a former niner skipper, did release something which didn't reflect the real operations on the DC-9.If you haven't tried it. Get it here: www.hilmerby.comCheers,

Mats,I don't know, if it's accurate or not and I'm in no position to evaluate, but I do know that FDE gurus like Ron Freimuth etc. have battled for years to create even ONE engine model EPR correctly. I would be surprised if Stellan had matched his EPR gauge to real-life performance correctly in all atmoshperic conditios/altitudes etc., which is, in essence what an accurate EPR modelling should do.Tero