Sign in to follow this  
RMA

744 FSnet ready?

Hello all, dont think this has been asked yet. Just wondering if the pmdg 744 will be 'FSnet' ready? If not, will you be considering configuring it to be used in conjunction with FSnet?If you do not know what FSnet is, check it out here...http://www.gates.toBasically allows pilots to join a multiplayer session and fly the same plane, as a crew. Cool eh?Ross

Guest Robin.B

FSNet is an extremely unsatisfyingly buggy program :(

I read a review in PCPILOT and it explained the bugs. However, it is still in Beta! And it says there will be bugs with some 3rd party aircraft. Which is why i asked if pmdg will be making it compatible!Ross

Guest Robin.B

Well, a few times I tried to fly with a friend using FSNet. We spent 2 hours after his account didn't allow him to log in for a weird reason, he had to create a bout 5 accounts before it worked. Then, we managed to fly together, but not much point really; you cannot see any of the gauges changed by your friend, only movement of the aircraft. You can't fly complex aircraft like PMDG together because of this; you have to both start up the aircraft independently which renders the program rather useless on a PMDG :(

You say you can't fly anything complex like the PMDG. Which is why i started the topic in the first place!The designers behind FSNET said that deveolpers could use an SDK to make a product compatible. Ross

Guest Robin.B

The problem is not "compatibility". It's the fact that FS doesn't support the changes in gauges to be delivered from one computer to another. Only the aircraft movement, and nothing else.

FSnet adds a whole new dimension to Flight Simulation. When looking at other gaming environments Microsoft's FS is well behind when it comes to multiplayer, I hope FS10 will address this.I have had many enjoyable flights using FSnet in the PMDG Express B1900 for example. For a free ground breaking beta programme, I feel the guys at FSnet are doing a wonderful job.Simon

if you want to fly online then fly on vatsim, its really good check out there website.

It appears that you have not read what FSNet is about and its limitations Robin.FSnet states that *at the moment* it will only work with default aircraft and 3rd party aircraft that have been developed with the MSFS SDK.The reason is that the FSNet team only have access to the variables given in the MSFS SDK.FSNet have provided their own SDK so 3rd party developers can work with them to make their aircraft work with FSNet.If you use a default aircraft then the gauges DO refresh and do show the changes made on the other computer.Like some others, I think FSNet is a brilliant concept and a big step forward in FS and it would be much more useful if 3rd party developers would work with FSNet.

Vatsim has nothing to do with what FSNet does :) LucaPS: Sign your messages ;)

Guest Robin.B

I'm sorry for my misinformation... I'll read more about it ASAP :)