Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

Boeing Announces New 747 Models!!!

Incredible!The 747-8 Intercontinental passenger airplane will be stretched 3.6 m (11.7 ft) compared to the 747-400 to accommodate 34 additional seats in a typical three-class configuration. Also the new wings, winglets and those amazing new engine designs!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest dickwu

one year later I'm afraid....

Guest AJ

DO you guys thing that "747-8" is just a place holder name, like "7E7"? Surely the next 747 could only be called the 747-500. Nothing else makes sense.

I think it's a quick jab at Airbus calling their giant the A380-800 just to have a higher model number than Boeing (it should have been the A350 to stay in sequence after all).-500 makes more sense indeed, but I guess it'll end up as -800.

Guest AJ

>I think it's a quick jab at Airbus calling their giant the>A380-800 just to have a higher model number than Boeing (it>should have been the A350 to stay in sequence after all).>>-500 makes more sense indeed, but I guess it'll end up as>-800.Good point. Actually, I would be fine with 800. I just hope they don't leave it as "-8." That just sounds wierd, which is not to say that this is such a big deal. Its just kind of interesting.Andrew

Guest AJ

>I think it's a quick jab at Airbus calling their giant the>A380-800 just to have a higher model number than Boeing (it>should have been the A350 to stay in sequence after all).>>-500 makes more sense indeed, but I guess it'll end up as>-800."A380-800?" I thought it was just "A380."Andrew

Guest Robin.B

Tho 747 is still higher than 380 :)Those planes look beautiful, look at the wings and engines!

I think we all knew Boeing was going to have an answer for the 380, it was just a matter of time. With 20% greater efficiency, what an answer it is... -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest aarskringspier

>Well 747A was the code name so i guess 747-8 is the real>name.Should be interesting; competition works. Boeing makes Airbus produce better aircraft; Airbus forces Boeing to do the same. I love the 747 and am glad to see it continue. Im really looking forward to the 787 and also seeing the 380 in service.