Sign in to follow this  
Guest gmcallis

737 Panel Lighting

Guest gmcallis

Thanks Alex, it's one work around, but if I have to keep changing my monitors brightness I think I'll stick with daylight hours. More to see anyway! ;-)

Guest EHAM

I have the same problem. I think also that when you are flying in nighttimes the cockpit light is to dark. I have flown recently on the jumpseat in a 737 during night and the panel light is much brighter then in the PMDG. Maybe you can make a small update for this so that we can also fly during the night with a nice lighted cockpit. Maybe like Dreamfleet. There you had several stands for the panel light. Regards,Guy

Guy, gents,I would suggest the work-around as suggested above. There are no plans to update anything on the NG at present time as I understand. Remember, the NG has been on the shelves for more than three years.If I recall correctly the 800/900 changed the lighting scheme and added dome lighting to the VC at least. Hope it helps,

gmcallis,Please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules. Thank you.It seems something is awry with your setup. There are several things missing. The FLAP gauge needle should be uplit. MCP windows are dead. The standby instruments are dark should be lit. Have you set your electrical systems correctly? Do you have the latest version installed? If yes to both the above I would suggest a remove and reinstall of the NG. Did you buy from download or on CD? Here's a portion of what I see with the 800/900 latest version:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134121.jpgHope it helps,

you could also have downloaded a new night texture replacement that makes the entire world darker.

Guest gmcallis

I'm not sure what I did to kill the MCP on that particular occasion, but their there at start up.The depiction of the night lighting is obviously incorrect, the buttons such as "Speed", "LVL CHG" and "DISENGAGE" aren't even visible. In the event of an emergency pilots wouldn't be fumbling in the dark searching for buttons.I've no wish to be critical, PMDG products are excellent and obviously take immense development by a dedicated group of enthusiastic people, but with this particular product the night lighting just doesn't suit my preference.With my screenshot most likely the electricals aren't correct at the time. I have the latest version installed and whilst I have the cd version of the 600/700 I have the downloaded verion of the 800/900 of this excellent product. :-)Cheers and thanks for your reply and support.Graham McAllister

very awesome! How is the refresh rate and do you see blurry or wavy textures because of the resolution?

none what so ever very sharp n good performance from this monitor and my system is not the latest n greatest.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest gmcallis

Thanks for the suggestion Gerry, but "L" only turns them on and off.Graham McAllister