Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

No VOR needles

Hi David-the reports we had received were before the update. People also seem to think that it's related to RealityXP gauges, but I cannot verify this, as I don't have the source code for that, or for FSInn.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest rysio

Hi,I'm using SquawkBox 3 and sure enough, no neddle, VOR name nor Radial on most of VOR's.Ryszardd Rudol

Guest rysio

I just did another test. I flew around KLAX with LAX VOR selected. Neither in offline nor online (Vatsim, SquawkBox3) modes LAX VOR was displayed in green. All I could get was DME. No bearings, no LAX name. The problem cannot be related to FSInn or SB3. Before update I had the same problem but then different VOR's were "off". I could take off at KLAX and then fly bearings 323 from LAX VOR. Now, it is more than guessing game.Ryszard Rudol

Guest A32X

Anyone else have this problem?LAM and LON VORs are tunedhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135050.jpgIt seems to only ever happen in the VC. Everything is fine then I get false pointer readings then they dissapear and the DME readings go insane.Regards,PaulAlso, My FPS aren't very good after the Service Update (mainly from the VC.) There is very little stuttering though.

Guest A32X

Also just a little more information. I'm just running the 747, no Squawkbox/FSINN/Activesky. Also the LAM VOR pointer was pointing at around 300 degrees when clearly it should be around 085. The needle then just dissapeared and then my DME readings went to 3092.:-doh-Paul

Guest rysio

Paul,How did you manage to make LAM and LON to vork?Ryszard Rudol

Lefteris,That's an interesting observation. I, too, had the disappearing VOR's when connecting to VATSIM with SB3 and never gave the Reality-XP gauges a second thought. Actually, a second before the VOR's disappeared, the mouse pointed disappeared, the system froze for a very brief second, then the VOR's disappeared, with the mouse pointer returning almost immediately.As an experiment, I took the Reality-XP dlls out of the modules folder and connected to VATSIM. The VOR's were still disappearing when connecting to VATSIM with SB3. I returned the RXP gauges to the modules folder, and on a hunch, removed a module named sb3gaugebridge.dll authored by Jos

Jim-that's good to know! Thanks! Wonder what it might be in sb3gaugebridge.dll. I'll get in touch with Jose - can you also email him to discuss with me?

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi,Some more information concerning this topic. I removed sb3gaugebridge.dll from modules folder but problem persists (not on line - I use SB3 and not FSInn). Why VOR SPA (that is OK - DME plus radial) behaves differently from VOR ATV (DME only)? (these are, of course, just examples!). I do have RealityXP gauges installed but none in the Queen.Would appreciate some advise.CheersEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest theonlyamrad

Hi all,despite sending email about this issue to PMDG support on Sunday last and recieving an automated message saying: "Standard handling time for requests is 24hrs, with peak response times occasionally reaching 48hrs. Currently have no backlog of requests for assistance and all email operations are normal", almost 90 hours later I've had no response?!In spite of even more hours experimenting: including cold and dark startups (with the Queen, NG and default Cesna) and removing gauges which belong to addons(currently reality XP, Flight Keeper and FS NAV), I've only managed to get an intermittent appearance of the VOR needles on one single flight(which I could not repeat). sb3gaugebridge.dll has never been on this setup, and I only installed SB3 after this problem was already present. As I mentioned in my post to support, the only clue I can find is from seeing in FS NAV that NAV 1 is permamently locked on 108.00 , and changes to VOR1 in the FMC show up as changes to NAV2 in FS NAV.This does not show up in any other aircraft and it would be wonderful if PMDG could help in solving this problem.Patrick Roe.

Could you try the following?As I wrote it solved the problem with me. First Load the 736NG and after the loading completes start the Queen.As I mentioned that soved it for me.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Dear Patrick-NAV1 is only used for ILS in our radios setup. The NAV2 FS radio is the one used internally to represent both radios, so what you notice in FSNav is in fact correct.Make sure you have the period (".") instead of the comma (",") in your localization settings in WindowsXP, as it is necessary for ensuring proper functionality.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg