Sign in to follow this  
TomCYYZ

Importing .Rte files to 747 FMC

I know the FMC in the 747 is very different from that of the 737NG. I am also aware that there is no means of scrolling through a list and importing flight plans from the 747 FMC menu, like the 737NG FMC. Now my question is, in order to load a plan into the 747 FMC do I simply type in the .Rte file name in the folder (eg. KDEN-PHNL or KDENPHNL, whatever) and activate the plan that way? Or do I have to manually enter the waypoints for the plan that I already have in the PMDG FLIGHTPLANS folder? I wouldn't think so since I believe the 'NG and 747 FMCs' use the same .Rte file types. Also, in the flight plans folder I see there are both .Rte & .Rte2 files. Does anyone know what these .Rte2 files are? Best Regards,Tom Stewart

Hi Tom,Yeap. As far as I know the way FMC Co-route page is programmed is to insert only the name of the route file you have in your FLIGHTPLANS folder without typing the file extension. Eg.: KJFKKLAX001 for the route file "KJFKKLAX001.rte". No need to manually enter the waypoints. As soon as you insert the filename the file loaded corrects (fills in) the dashes in ORIG and DEST sections of the RTE page.Regarding Rte2, it is good that you asked this question :) Would be good to get an answer.Regards,Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Rustam, thanks for that helpfull information. So that's what I'll do. As long as I know the file name of the plan, then I'll type that into the Co. Route section of the FMC. That's easy! Still would like to find out about these .rte2 files as well.Best Regards,Tom

Not 100% sure, but as far as I understand it, RTE 1 is the primary flight plan, RTE 2 is the secondary flight plan. It allows you to program alternates and route diversions without altering the active flight plan.

Alaister Kay