Sign in to follow this  
767lover

ARIANE 737NG stereo sound package

Hey Jeff, I recall when the area of flaps from the cockpit was discussed on the 737. I know they cannot hear them but can hear the flaps "click" from handle movement. I suppose the best for all would be an option for realistic or not for sounds, not strictly from PMDG mind you. Some like the noise of the engines even in crz while other perfer mostly wind. That is why it is great that people make their own and share them with the community. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

hehe, yeah, rgr that. For me personally I'd go for realistic sounds not in the right spots...lol.In other words, I'd like to hear the flap actuators from the pit. But that's just me...lol. Same for the engine whine.That would still "qualify" for realistic sounds though, wouldn't it? :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest D17S

That old 767PIC engine sound was exactly what it sounds like in a 767 cockpit a TO power. The 747-1/200s with both JT9s and CF6s share that same sound. It's a very heavy, lowish pitch 'buzz' that picks up at ~>90% N1. You can feel it in your chest.It just feels like POWER . . because it is. That's old PIC airplane was the only sim plane that has ever accurately reproduced that sound. Just loved to push up TO power in that thing. The sound was exactly what I know from the real thing. Right on the money. The other thing I miss with these sims is all the bouncing around you get at TO power with these big jets when the engines are cranked up to TO with the brakes set. RL crews never get this because they almost never just push up to TO . . . and then just sit there. We tech types do it all the time. We actually have to have minimum fuel loads (or ballast) on board to make sure we don't skid with the brakes set . . . But even then, it's total rock and roll in the cockpit when you push 'em up. We

i thought bodygear steering was off for takeoffs

Guest D17S

Actually it would be called "Disarmed", but we mx guys aren't allowed to actually take-off . . . but I could tell you stories about some very interesting African adventures. However even this far down the road, I'd probably better not. What's the motto here, "As real as it gets?" Ahhh, to a point.