Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

PMDG 747 Newbie questions

Firstly this is a wonderful product. Well done.Q1. I cannot get the pushback function switches to work. They are dead. I use the manual pushback (FS2004?) keyboard function and it keeps pushing back after the brakes have been applied and gives a brake temp EICAS msg and then hits a building. Also from the documentation there should be communication with ground crew...I am not getting this.Q2. How do I access the load manager when the sim is running?Q3. Can I save company routes and how is this done? Or can FS2004 flight planner be integrated with the FMC somehow rather than having to enter the route manually?Q4. Just an observation but when the APU Gens are placed online with the ENG generators already running there should be 4 EICAS msgs saying 1 (thru to) 4 GEN OFF which is not the case. Is this an omission or deliberate?Many thanksSteve Hall

1. You have to right click it first to get the gauge turned on.2. You can't sorry.3. You can save routes by using the RTE COPY function on the FMC's RTE page. I'd highly suggest getting FSBuild 2 if you're gonna be making a lot of flight plans, it's great.4. I'll have to check on this - you sure they're not there but just down further on the next page in the list?

1. I have tried left and right clicking to no avail.3. Rte copy only saves it to the other RTE ie. Rte 1 to RTE 2. Is there a way to save a repetitive flt plan each time you start?4. Yes I have tried everything but they do not appear.I will have a look at FSBuild thanks.Steve Hall

>1. I have tried left and right clicking to no avail.>Steve HallYou need to right click on the small grey button between the two black display boxes.Once the displays are up set then left click on the grey button to activate.

Ah Eureka.Thanks for that, I must have not quite been on that button when right clicking. Very convincing pushback senario.Is there any reason that the Fuel flows dont show anything until the engines are well thru the start sequence? With the CF6 eng on auto start there should be an initial F/F of around 100 kg/hr and progressively increasing during the remainder of the start. It is not a major just a bit of feedback.CheersSteve Hall