Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 1

Guest howard500

Hi,Just wanted to drop a line to thank you captain for this iniciative. Seriously great stuff, an amazing addition for the full enjoyment of the Queen, as the explanations you provide of why we do what we do when we go through checklists gives the whole simulation just that little extra spice! A great display of why PMDG is in a class of its own and a demonstration of your commitment to your loyal costumers. Once again my hat comes of to you PMDG.All the best,Alonso Reig PS Where is that news update!? Ive run out of things to chew on!!! :D

Guest skippy

This is simply great stuff and adds more and more value to the whole PMDG B744 experience ! Sincerest thanks to Capt.Randazzo and the PMDG Team.Any chance you will or could include a lesson on the correct way to fly a "touch and go" :-kewl and/or missed approach proceedure in the B744 ?CheersChris Northeast LSZH

Guest alphasim

Hi Nik,Yes it copies to HTML OK. Not sure what file I have to replace in the Aircraft folder though. Please advise. There is already an HTML file there which is the checklist. Didn't know that was even there :-)Clive

Kanichiro->Frequently, BTD (Back To Desktop?) has occurred when push a>button STAT of the EICAS MCP under the battery power only. >I have avoided this trouble with assigning the short cut keys>of 'Ctrl+s'.Sounds to me like a problem on your machine. We aren't getting reports of this.>In 'PMDG 744 TRC Lesson 1.FLT', the Distance of the Spot plane>on VIEW OPTIONS is -343. Why or how negative???That's FS... has nothing to do with PMDG.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris-We will have you doing all of these things in time!The process will be mostly linear- to help users build upon experience as you get toward more complicated maneuvers.Wait until you see the checkride. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest alphasim

Ok, Just done it, looks pretty cool.1. Save PDF as HTML file.2. Move file to Aircraft folder.Here's the tricky bit, if your not sure then make a back up first :1. Edit Aircraft config file2. Add the following line in every fltsim.x section:kb_reference= [name of your HTML file]in my case it was:kb_reference=type course lesson 1I added this line under the line that read:kb_checklists=PMDG747-400_CHECKSave filethere it is right in the cockpit :-)PS you will have to do the same with the 400F aircraft config file

Guest kame

Dear Robert,Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I see. I have correctly finished now the Lesson 1 of your rich work. I have been able to understand accurately NORMAL PROCEDURES of the PMDG 747-400 Startup.I'm looking forward to release of the Lesson 2 in the next week.Thanks again,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Excellent! Frankly I didn't plan to purchase PMDG'S B744 at this time until I read the heads up on AVSIM's front page, this thread and Lesson1. Now I'm rushing to the store to catch up with the course. Thank you so much, guys, this is something that has been missing and badly needed in my flightsim experience.

Guest D17S

Thanks for the effort. I have some co-workers that are interested in getting started learning the 744 AFS . . . and -400 system differences (vs -1/200s) in general. In every case, this is their first FMC . . . as it was mine! We can read books all day long, but there is nothing like having buttons that really work . . . that we can take home and play with at our own pace. It's a big jump from changing a tire to operating an FMC . . . . but time has caught up with us. That's where we HAVE to go. It's real handy to have something nicely PDF'd to just hand over to my pals and let them look it over. That "follow along" flight really helps.Is reserve fuel number "pounds" or "percentage of total fuel load"?Thanks for the nod to "V2+10." That was quite a battle. Also, an additional reminder might be helpful: "For take-off (in TOGA pitch mode), the MCP airspeed setting just positions an airspeed bug on the PFD's airspeed tape and does not provide AFS(/AT) FD/CMD flight guidance. In TOGA pitch mode, the AFS uses the greater of:1) The FMC's calculated V2, or 2) An adjusted V2 based on lift-off (rotation?) airspeed, or 3) An averaged speed occurring after lift-off (rotation?) Prior to acceleration altitude, Vnav engagement will direct airspeed to the FMC

Guest kame

Dear Robert,May ask you another question, how much payload do you precondition in this flight?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Matthias1975

Small Q but didn

Guest kame

Dear Robert,Again, would you please let me know how much payload you precondition on this flight?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest wellness

when i start the simulation the panel are powered and correctly in function. after 30/60 seconds total blackout...why? it's a electrical problem? the level battery is too low or it's a bug of software??excuse me but i'm a novice!! thank you

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,I guessed the payload of this flight with calculation backward from the V1, Vr and V2 on the MCDU of Lesson 1-20:V1=122, Vr 132 and V2=150 ---> GR WT=552.1-85.8(FUEL)=466.3(ZFW)-364.0(Empty weight)=102.3(Payload)Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara