Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 1

Captains-I have just uploaded the first of the PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson plans to our server.This lesson is the first of many that we will be providing to teach you the finer aspects of operating the PMDG 747-400/400F in a realistic and detailed fashion. The point of the type course is to provide a bit more hands-on information that we can provide in the Aircraft Operating Manual by allowing you to fly the aircraft and learn some of it's capabilities in a linear course that takes you through aircraft startup through all phases of flight and eventually to shutdown.The Lesson One type course is designed to walk you through the process of preparing your airplane for flight using preflight concepts as you would learn them if you were to attend a Type Rating Course. I have written the first lesson in a manner that helps to teach you the importance of the checlist process and procedural flows.At the conclusion of Lesson 1, you will have all four engines running, and be prepared to taxi out for departure- so even though we expect to follow subsequent lessons at a rate of approximately one per week, you can immediately put this PMDG Type Rating Course Lesson One to use in your personal or online flying.The PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson One is not yet showing on our download pages because Marc has not had a chance to update them this evening, but you can download the course material from here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra...TRC_Lesson1.ZIPPlease read the Introduction thoroughly, as I have included some helpful hints there to get your hardware and Key Commands set up to make the later parts of the course "as real as it can get."This Lesson is 22 pages and is the first of many to come, I hope you like the concept. My ultimate goal with this entire course is to provides me a way to help all of you begin to learn and understand the decision making process that takes place from the left seat of a transport category airplane. By the time you complete this course, I think you will have a much greater appreciate for just how complex and realistic a simulation the PMDG 747-400/400F really is!Enjoy- and get ready for "Lesson Two: Takeoff" next week!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest ags

That's a very nice piece of reading :)

G'Day RobertI really think you are on to something great with the "type course".I have an idea that I think would help people out. Would it be possible to have the 26pages show up on the kneeboard of the 747? This would be great as I wouldnt have to minimise FS over and over again to read the pages.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest nik_the_greek

>Would it be possible to have the 26pages show up on the>kneeboard of the 747? This would be great as I wouldnt have to>minimise FS over and over again to read the pages.You can add pdf's to the kneeboard, if you have adobe professional.You have to export th pdf as an html file, and then replace the file in the aircraft folder, which shows you the key-commands in FS with your new html file.If you open the kneeboard then, you will see the text and pictures you want, without having to print the file!(This ONLY works if the pdf is not copyrighted! Haven't tryed it with any pdf from PMDG so far, don't know if they are copyrighted!)Hope I could helpNik

You could also use something like the browser app the ActiveSky guys did as freeware to view the PDF...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Boeing747-430

this is really awsome. thanks a ton for this. i can now enjoy this plane that much more. the 744 is the best addon ever. this is awesome cuz now not only the procedures to startup the 744 but also what does what on an internal level. thanks again for this.adam

Guest cliffie1931

What you will need"...I feel a real "duh" as I assume the answer must be so simple yet I can't find it. We need to print the copy of the Type Course source files yet I can't fathom out where to find it. Please...where is it?Cliff

Guest RFDS Pilot

>>We need to print the copy of the Type Course source files<

Good job. Very usefull. Much appreciated. I give it 4.5 out of 5. :)Thanks!Murray Wheten

Guest dirk1000

Captain Randazzo,Thanks for the very good Easter gift. Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

great info, but what about this?((IMAGES REMOVED: You may not put copyrighted materials that are the legal property of EVA Air in this forum. Please adhere to forum guidelines, thank you. - RSR))JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

What about it?Robert, thanks for the present. ;)

Really nothing, jus for fun.. :-)JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

Guest kame

Captain Randazzo,Thanks a lot for long-awaited Type Rating Cource! I have enjoyably begun to learne the Lesson 1.Does "Expanded Procedures" checklist on the page 1-4 mean the Chapter 5: Normal Procedures?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara