Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 1

>>Thanks for the nod to "V2+10." That was quite a battle. Also,>an additional reminder might be helpful: There is no requirement to add 10 kts to V2. Why do It? V2 is the required reference speed and the only one that has relevance in an engine failure.>Prior to acceleration altitude, Vnav engagement will direct>airspeed to the FMC

Cheers

Steve Hall

>There is no requirement to add 10 kts to V2. Why do It? V2 is>the required reference speed and the only one that has>relevance in an engine failure.Because some airlines do it.

Guest kame

Dear Robert,After turn the battery switch ON (Lesson 1-4), only number 4 PUMP SYS FAULT light in the HYD panel has turned on. Why???Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

>Dear Robert,>>After turn the battery switch ON (Lesson 1-4), only number 4>PUMP SYS FAULT light in the HYD panel has turned on. Why???>I haven't observed this problem on the PS1.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Kan-Ichiro-The behavior you mention above it not a problem- IT IS THE CORRECT FUNCTIONING OF THE AIRPLANE. When you turn the battery switch on, the reason you see the #4 hydrualic pump SYS FAULT light on is because this is important information to determine whether or not the AUX 4 is providing hydraulic pressure to the parking brake.There are a vast number of areas where, during our development, we discovered that other simulations are incorrect or based upon outdated data. It would appear that reliance upon PS1 to determine the accuracy of this simulation might lead you astray in such instances.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Steve-I'd caution you strongly against making such definitive comments. The procedure you describe is actually incorrect when compared against the operating procedures of many airlines.Some airlines require that V2+10 be used.According to Boeing-Alteon, they find both solutions to be equally correct, and it is simply a matter of the airline's preference.

Guest kame

Dear Robert,Thank you very much for your kindest reply.I am sorry to misunderstand the #4 hydraulic pump SYS FAULT light though I have tried on/off the Parking brake myself.I have been relieved and shall rely upon PMDG 747-400 rather than PS1 from now on with your instruction. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest D17S

"Prior to acceleration altitude the speed commanded will be V2 if the current airspeed is below V2. The current speed if between V2 and V2+10 and V2+10 if above that."Well said. Of course this only applies if Vnav is engaged because there is no acceleration altitude adjustment for airspeed if Vnav is not engaged (Just one more reason to use it!) Just one tiny amendment: When VNAV engages, if the airplane

Sam-Well done. I've been trying to find a way to articulate that for some time- I wish you'd written this out before i put up LESSON 2 so that I could have paraprhased you. :-)I come from the school of thought that V2 is your minimum. Get to and use it- or stay above it if you are already there and you aren't in need of it.If those poor buggers flying that AAL DC-10 back in 79 had kept their speed advantage rather than slowing to V2, it *might|* have worked differently...

Guest D17S

So true. If obstacle avoidance was not an issue, there would have been no reason to give back airspeed. They may have just been flying by the book because the book said

>Dear Robert,>>After turn the battery switch ON (Lesson 1-4), only number 4>PUMP SYS FAULT light in the HYD panel has turned on. Why???>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro FushiharaKan-Ichiro,Could you please point me to Lesson 1-4? Where is it?

Nameless-(Please sign your posts in this forum!)I think he means PMDG Type Rating Course Lesson 1, page 4....You can download lessons 1 and 2 from the DOWNLOADS page, DOCUMENTATION...(Or the top post of this thread for #1!)

Guest kame

>>I think he means PMDG Type Rating Course Lesson 1, page 4....>Thank you, sure.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

>instance, your model running at 1/4 speed is a miraculous>learning tool. Could you pls specify what you referred to? I'm still new to PMDG747.Thanks.

Guest D17S

When I first got the plane, the first thing I wanted to understand was how the AFS (Autoflight System) handled the take-off routine. But it was always happening so fast that I couldn't watch it all, or even control the airplane well enough to duplicate a test take-off. So, what I started doing was using MSFS's simulator speed option. You might know that you can speed up the sim to get through an 8 hour trans-Atlantic flight more quickly, but did you see that you could also slow the sim down to 1/2 or even 1/4 speed? You can! I flew TO after TO at 1/4 speed so I could see my airspeeds more precisely and where AFS modes were shifting. PMDG just presented a course on takeoffs. Try flying the lessons at 1/2 or 1/4 speed. You will have much better luck controlling the airplane and watching what's going on in the AFS.