Sign in to follow this  
Guest kw2p

Autobraking system does not work - help?

Guest kw2p

Hi,I am unable to achieve ANY autobraking - either on landings or RTOWith RTO the engines will go to idle but no autobraking at all.I have had some feedback to this previously but I am unable to resolve this problem and I would like to get this problem resolved.The default 737 autobrakes work as they should.I have reinstalled both 747-400 and 747-400F numerous times to no avail. I removed and reinstalled a clean version of FS2004 then reinstalled both 747s - no success. I do not have any joysticks attached to my pc. I am using Windows XP with all the service packs and updates installed.Any suggestions???regards Kenny

assuming your autobrakes are set as required...what exactly occurs that makes you feel they are indeed not working?your answer will help us help you.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest andyman

Is the red brake indicater in the corner of the screen showing up? If yes___________________________________________________________________Do you have rudder pedals? Is the switch moving to disarm slightly after touchdown?(keep that window open and watch while you land)If no:Well then i don't know, are you making sure the throttle is completely idle on both RTO and Landing?

Guest kw2p

Hi guys,What i mean by saying that the autobrakes do not work is on touchdown when autobrakes are set to level 1-4 no braking occurs and when performing RTO the engines go to idle but again no braking.As far as i can see the throttles go completely to idle.The red Brake indicator does not show.I don't have rudder pedals or a joystick attached to my pc.Regards Kenny.

Guest kw2p

hi,Yes sir, the autothrottle is shut off.Thanks for assisting me.Kenny

Guest andyman

Does the switch movie from 1-4 to disarm? if so, when in the landing rollout or rto rollout?

I have this problem too! Glad you brought it up. I have noticed but thought perhaps it was my flight controls. I have disabled them ( crtl+ K) and I still have the problem. The autobrakes arm..but do not brake!capn' oz

Peter Osborn

Guest gremel

Your not the only one who's had this problem..I've had it for a long, long time and have posted this problem many times. To compensate, I just pick my runway lengths and coordinate them with my max landing wgt's and use thrust reverse & braking to complete the flight...Regards,jack

Guest kw2p

Hi Peter and Jack,It is good to know that i am not alone with this problem.Jack, although what you do is a fine workaround to the problem it is nevertheless a workaround to an existing and apparently repeatable problem. Perhaps we can now attract the attention of Mr randazzo et al and see if we can get to to the root of this problem.If required i'll keep bumping this post to the top of the forum as this message slips out of sight very quickly.Andy,I just tried a manual flight into KBFI with autobrakes set to maximum, manual throttle control, no autopilots and spoilers armed. At 30ft above TDZ set throttles to idle. Touchdown: - spoilers operate. No autobraking as before. Tapped the brake key as the speed reached 80kts and the switch went from max to disarm. Holding down the brake key - normal braking bring the aircraft to a stop.Thanks again for all your assistance and comments.Regards Kenny.

Guest kw2p

HiBump!kenny

Guest andyman

Ok, I don't have any other suggestions, maybe we should get a comment from PMDG.

Guest gremel

I'll '2nd' that "bump" !!!!jack

Guest AJ

That really does sound odd. SInce the autobrake system works for most users, the only conclusion is that it must have something to do with your set up.I know it's unlikely, but could the key on your keyboard that is assigne to manual braked possibly be stuck in the on position? tapping the manual brakes during touch down or after landing automatically disarms the autobrakes. YOu mentione that you saw the autobrake swithc disarm itself when you tapped your brakes. If you do not touch the brakes doe sthe switch stay in the setting you left it in?Finally, are you sure that your hydraulics systems properly configured (both sets of demand pumps on for all four systems)? For example, if the #4 system was accidentally left in the "Aux" position, then the autobrakes would probably not work. I know these are obvious things, but its all I can think of now. Good luck Andrew