Sign in to follow this  
Guest kw2p

Autobraking system does not work - help?

Guest gremel

Kenny,Yes. Here is Paul's response. I haven't had time to do this yet as I'm leaving on a trip and won't get back for awhile. Interesting thing is I still haven't heard if you need a 'registered' copy of FSUIPC to get the autobrakes to function. I bought the CD version and assumed that they would have incorporated that part into it but I don't think they worked from the day I downloaded the 747 from the CD onto my HD....Anyways, here is the response I got from Paul at PMDG the other day.Sorry I did not post it earlier, but was away yesterday.PMDG: "Based on the information I see in the post, there are 3 users who reportedsimilar issues on the forum, one of which was corrected by changing theFSUIPC settings. We currently have over 20,000 copies of the 747-400 incirculation and I can honestly say that before this email, I have neverheard of any autobrake. You state that the problem is readilyre-producible, which it may be on your system. The problem I have is thatno one on the PMDG staff or beta team can duplicate the fault you describe.With thousands of possible computer configurations, it is impossible to knowhow software will operate on every possible configuration. That doesn'tmean that we will not work to help get things working on your particular setup, but the fault is likely in your system set up and not the PMDG software.I assume that you have tried reinstalling a fresh copy of FS9 includingdeleting the saved flights and settings when un-installing (check box needsto be checked during the un-install). I also would recommend you delete anytraces of your FS9 folder after un-installing, just in case to make surenothing carries over from a previous installation. This will give you atrue clean FS9 installation. You will also need to make certain that youuninstall the PMDG 737 using the removal tool from our website, and the747-400 using the remove/install software control panel in windows prior touninstalling FS9. Once you have uninstalled all of your products, installin the following order.1) Install FS9 and update to version 9.1 if necessary2) Install the PMDG 737 600/700 Ver 1.3 and the 800/900 ver 1.1 if you haveit.3) Install the optional model update if desired and then any repaints4) Install the PMDG 747-400 ver 1.1 and the 747-400F ver 1.1 if you have it.5) Install any liveries for the 747-400 you wish to installOnce you have accomplished this. Let me know if you continue to encounterproblems and I will see what else I can come up with to help. I see in thepost that you installed the PMDG software on a Windows 2000 set up to see ifthe problem was corrected and it was so we know the software you have is notthe problem. We simply need to figure out what the problem is on yourcurrent FS rig.RegardsPaul GollnickManager Customer and Technical SupportPrecision Manuals Development Group"

Guest JTH

Here's a related autobrakes question that someone might help me with seeing as we are on the subject...I think I am correct in saying that the autobrake system controls the brakes on the tyres of the aircraft. Ok, so when you flare and set throttles to idle and turn off A/T (this is standard procedure right?) the minute you touch down and deploy reversers the autobrakes should kick in and ALONG WITH the reversers slow you down, is that right? When you stow the reversers at 80kts, do the autobrakes continue to slow the aircraft then ON THEIR OWN? And at what speed do they finally disarm?Thanks in advance for any help clarifying this, I am basically wondering whether I should be using any manual tyre braking or whether autobrakes, first alongside the thrust reversers and then on its own, should do all the braking itself?

>Interesting thing is I still haven't heard if you need a>'registered' copy of FSUIPC to get the autobrakes to function.You don't need a registered copy of FSUIPC to get it to work.

That is exactly my situation.The RTO/Landing Auto brakes do not seem to show any braking action. True on both the 737 and 747.Works just fine on the LDS 767.I assumed it was something peculiar to my setup, and gave up on it some time ago.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com