Sign in to follow this  
Guest kw2p

Autobraking system does not work - help?

Guest kw2p

Hi Andrew,I hadn't thought about the hydraulic system setting... so i just checked. Everything is set as it should so no joy there :(If i don't tap the brakes then the autbrake switch remains at the selected setting.Thanks for helping...Hopefully someone from PMDG will assist now.regards Kenny.

>Hi Andrew,>I hadn't thought about the hydraulic system setting... so i>just checked. Everything is set as it should so no joy there>:(>If i don't tap the brakes then the autbrake switch remains at>the selected setting.>>Thanks for helping...>>Hopefully someone from PMDG will assist now.>>>regards Kenny.Tapping the brake will cause the autobrakes to go to the disarm position and autobraking will cease. The issue here is why you are not getting any braking with them in the armed postion. Are you using REV thrust? I assume the IRS's are alligned as well and in the NAV position?. The autobrakes only program a rate of deceleration. If you are using REV then the brakes will ease off to maintain the programmed deceleration rate. If you have the brakes in the MAX position it should be immediately noticeable that they are working...REV or no REV. The fact they are arming should indicate that all the valid inputs are there. Strange.Hopefully PMDG can offer an explanation.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest gremel

Just to make it a little stranger, I have tried both the 737NG & the 747 and neither one will activate when the 'autobrakes' are in any setting including 'max'. Strange indeed..and yes, I'm very familiar on how these systems are supposed to work.Regards,jack

Guest kw2p

Hi Steve, I am not using REV thrust at all.This is indeed very strange. Awaiting for some input from PMDG.Regards Kenny.

Guest kw2p

Hi Jack,I also own 737NG but uninstalled it before installing 747-400 & -400FI don't know if anyone from the PMDG team is monitoring the SUPPORT forum but hopefully there is and a suggestion will be forthcoming!Regards Kenny.

Guest AJ

Just bumping this up to keep the discussion going and the thread visible. I have never experienced this issue, nor have I heard of anything like it. If PMDG has not responded, I suspect that is because they are as puzzled by this as everyone else.This is probably pointless, but do autobrakes work on any non-PMDG planes you have? You also might try listing you full system specs and any MSFS addons you have installed. Perhaps others experienceing this problem could compare with their own systems and identify a potential incompatibility issue.

Guest gremel

I have never added any other software to enhance the basic PMDG software and therefore declare that I am totally in the 'clean configuration' zone. I have mentioned this problem with the 'autobrakes' before on this forum and have never had any sufficient results with data to resolve this issue. That's why I never pick an airport with short rwy's...Regards,jack

You're aren't running anything other the default FS9 and the PMDG? Wow, I'm impressed. :)

Guest Loiosh

Could we get a screen shot of this happening when you are landing? That would greatly help.

Guest andyman

Maybe you should check out FSUIPC for any fishy settings. Do advanced autobrake systems like in the FeelThere planes, Level-d stuff or PSS planes work correctly.I think this was already mentioned but do the autobrakes work in the crappy default planes?

Guest kw2p

Hi everyone,Firstly - Thanks for keeping this thread at the forefront.I am surprised that PMDG don't seem to want to take this problem on.I realise that we are obviously a minority with this problem but as it appears to be a reproduceable event [non event] then i would have thought it would have been of interest to the powers that be.The default 737-400 autobrakes work fine. I am running FS9 and PMDG in a clean setup. I did this to allow unbiased checks. Normally i would have VFR UK scenery installed, etc. I have no Joystick nor pedals attached.The problem appears to be solely related to windows XP, in my opinion, as i have installed the exact same downloaded .exe files of PMDG 747-400 and & 400-F onto a system running Windows 2000. (I did this for testing only) This sim autobrake works as it should.Lets keep this thread running and get this resolved if possible.At least if PMDG say that it cannot be resolved then we know not to waste more time on it.Regards Kenny.

Guest castleberg

HelloI do have the same problem and as others posted it to no available solution. Someone told me to ignore it since it applies only to RTO with my case. This is what I do. I'd still like an official comment form PMDG since this problem has been posted many times by experienced people who tried everything they could. RegardsTom

Guest gremel

The 767 Level D autobrakes work as they should. I must confess, I forgot I had Level D on my system. I only have a 2.1 mhz system and don't clutter it with scenery add-on's etc. that would bring my system to a 'stall'...Regards,jack

Guest christianholmes

This problem must be due to the way that PMDG is activating braking. If any of you can contact them, beg them to tell you HOW they are activating it. I.e. Are they mimicking a keypress or a joystick axis, or are they making a call to FSUIPC and setting brakes through that? That information is the key to figuring this out. My guess is the latter- but then you need to figure out what is going on with FSUIPC.

Must be time to upgrade that system Christian!!!! :D CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall