Sign in to follow this  
Guest matsuman

KLAX to YMML (QF94)

Guest matsuman

Anyone has a data for this flight?Now that i have a descent KLAX scenery from Cloud9 and a nice Melbourne payware...it's time to simulate this flight in real time.I got my flighplan from Flight Aware from the last QF94 flight.My 382,000lbs. fuel load might not be enough for the 7,112nm journey.Considering the weather, SC and long range cruise factors.Is Qantas flying the 744ER on the KLAX and YMML and if anyone has any real data for this one. I remember seeing a post about a real Qantas pilots in this forum.Thanks,Kin M.(Klax)

Guest hirnwut

the only thing I can give you isKLAX SID KWYET DCT FICKY B581 NN A579 NOBAR B450 SY H65 RAZZI Q29 TAREX STAR YMMLit's generated by http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ so I guess it's not a true Qantas Route...7000nm...good Lord. This Trip will take you a whole day in the air!happy landings and good coffee :(@lex

Kin,For many years both Qantas and United have used what are known as Flex Routes on the US - Australia run. Basically there are entry/exit points close to the two mainlands both the rest of the route is flexible and wind/weather dependant (due to the length of the flight). So on any given day the route will will vary from the previous one, therefore there are no published tracks as such.You could try contacting Airservices Australia or the FAA and ask if you can have a copy of one or more used flight plans for the route.Regards,Neil B

Link for YMML scenery please. Thank you.

Eric 

Guest matsuman

Thanks for the response guys.The flightplan is not a problem, I can use some of the KLAX-YSSY routes that i have and incorporate some of that.My aircraft configuration is the problem here.I don't know if the fuel parameter on the PMDG fde is precise to make this long journey.I have to play around with some figures.Thanks,Kin M.(Klax)

Guest hirnwut

Don't forget to post your results on the fuel-planning matter.The longest trip I've done with the 744 was EDDF-KSEA (about 4500nm) and wasn't so shure about the fuel parameters too...@lex

HiYou will enjoy QF94I recently did it on Fs using the 744 :-)Flight should take 14H and 15MYes, it does take the whole day, but when using fspassengers It is a lot of fun :-)Actually yesterday and the day before i did a round trip YMML-VHHH

Guest matsuman

You have the data for this flight...fuel load, PAX, Cargo load, Step Climb, Mach speed and Weather factor.What is your PMDG 744 load manager look like?I did the flight, but between Nadi (Fiji) and Australia...FMC showing insufficient fuel. Estimate fuel on destination is zero.Just to complete the flight and not to abort the simulation...I landed in Nadi.Thanks,Kin M.(Klax)

You must remember that QF fly the 744ER on this route, which pmdg have not modelled :-)It is still possible to do this flight, however you need to have restrictions like what UA do on their SYD-LAX flight. I cannot remember what settings because my load manager has been changed but i think you need full fuel, and 50% passengers and 1/3 cargo.You will need to step climb because you cannot get to FL390 in one go.What was your fuel load?There is a 744 fuel loader on the pmdg webpage. That is great for loading fuel.

I know it's a fairly major concession to realism for some, but you can overload your 744 with the required fuel in order to 'simulate' the range of the 744ER. Just be mindful of the higher TOW when setting things like assumed temperature thrust derates, required runway lengths, V speeds etc.I'm not sure if the FMC will calulate V speeds for a loadout that falls outside of the normal weight range, if not then you'll find the V speeds need to be increased slightly.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest matsuman

@lex,I got my numbers for this weekend flight.Pax and Cargo will be light. I don't know exactly the configuration by Qantas on the QF94 flight. The ZFW on the FMC will be 435.0 ibs.Step climb...FL310,FL350 and FL370. Static wind at FL290 and above at 283 deg at 47 kts. which is a typical head wind in the pacific.I will post my flight upon completion.This is the first time flying this queen on long range flight, over 7,000nm. I did KLAX-RPLL and KLAX-VHHH before and those turned out great.Kin M.(Klax)

Guest matsuman

@lex,Here ya go....My longest flight on PMDG744 (real time) yet.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KLAX to YMML (QF94) B747-400 GE engineFMC Total miles= 7,018nmTotal Flight time= 15 hrs and 36 minFuel Load=382,300 lbs ( Fuel Remaining: 18,200 lbs on landing)Pax WT= 27,720 lbs, Cargo WT=14,000 lbs.Max t/o weight=875,000 lbs Actual t/o weight=818,123 lbsMZFW=542,500 lbs ZFW=435,800 lbsV1=149kts,VR=164kts and VR=176ktsS/C= FL310,FL350 and FL390Mach.85 Econ speed by FMCHigh Alt Wind (static) 282 deg at 45 ktsHigh Alt Temp (static) -32cPushback=06:50zulu (11:50pm Los Angeles time)W/up=07:10zulu (12:10am Los Angeles time) take off on Rwy 25RRadar Service Terminated at FICKY intersection at 07:41zulu (12:41am Lax time)Top of Descent=22:14zulu (3:15pm Lax time)Landed RWY16 YMML at 22:43zulu (3:43pm Lax time, 7:43am Melbourne time)Flightplan: KLAX Rwy25r, Direct FICKY ten minutes after departure