Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

Go-around procedure on Wiki

Gidday guys,I have just put a speil about Go-arounds on wikipedia.Think I might have screwed up the placing of it though as I was uncertain of how to post it from the sandbox. I did a move instead which might have been wrong. My post appears in both the sandbox and the moved post. If I delete the sandbox text entry the moved one's text entry disappears too. What happens when you save in the sandbox?Could some kind soul please sort it out for me and tell me where I screwed up?ThanksSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest millimeter

Thank's for you effort SteveGreat explanation so that amatures like me get's a feeling of what happens.

>For future reference, all you needed to do was delete the>content on the sandbox page, but I saved you the trouble.>Thanks for the tutorial!>>-Lee Barber>http://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpgThanks for that Lee, appreciate it. So for future reference all I do is save it and then delete the sandbox contents? How do I name what I have saved?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thanks for contributing Steve! I'm glad to see people using Ops!Regarding the article creation process - you don't need to use the sandbox actually:What you do is just type the name of the article into the red "Create Article" box on the front page of the site. This will take you into an editor window for a new article with whatever name you type there (in this case it would have been "747 Go-Around Procedure" or whatever). Once there you can just use the preview function to see how it looks before you post - the sandbox is more just for testing generalized things like how to make a table or use different code types etc...I'm gonna fix up the article a bit so that it indexes with a table of contents etc - take a look at it again in about 10 minutes or so and you'll see what I mean.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok check out the article now and notice how I used the heading tags (the ===text=== type stuff) to format the page into a more standard wiki article look...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for that Ryan,I struggle a bit with mark up language so thought I would play in the sand box first. Your touch up looks a lot neater and more consistant. I guess it also has an auto table of contents as well if 4 or more sub headers? I will try to stick with that format if I do any future articles.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall