Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

Flight plans for the 747

Does anyone have a 747 flightplan that can be placed straight into the navdata folder for the Singapore - Amsterdam or Singapore - Heathrow or Singapore - Frankfurt sectors? I used Route finder to get basic plan but when i put the waypoints into the FMC my flightplan showed me bactracking all over the place. I checked the waypoints by Latitude and Longitude and I know that it is my fault but I just cannot get it to work without having 2000nm legs. Help anyone? The WSSSEDDF002 plan in the folder does not load when i enter it into the co-route nor does the 001 version. I really want to fly this leg.Gerry

How are you programming the route into the FMC? I may be wrong, but I think you may be forgeting to enter the airways between the waypoints, so you are going directly from waypoint to waypoint causing the long legs. From the bottom of the route finder website is gives you the route to enter e.g.WSSS SID VJR R325 VIH W531 VPL B579 PUT L759 KKJ B209 MEMID L333 BAVOX B209 INTIL L333 TIGER 3E100 BI G201 ZB L750 RANAH UV838 AFGAN A240 MAMED A87 AMATA A83 NALEM UA83 PEKIT UL980 DORER UA87 USTIL UL980 ETEBO UG9 RKN STAR EHAMOn RTE page 2, enter the first waypoint after the departure procedure - VJR - to 1R (the TO side) (1L should show "DIRECT" unless you have SID entered) then enter R325 to 2L (the VIA side), then VIH to 2R and so on...As I say I may be completely off the mark, but I hope this helps

Alaister Kay

Might want to ensure your fmc has the latest airac - routefinder uses the latest unless you specify otherwise. If you ARE inputting correctly then mismatched databases could be the prob.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Thanks Alaister and yes, that does make data entry so much easier. I still have a big 2000nm gap in the middle so the IRS may give me grief there. I have the gap because I had to delete a few way points because as I stepped through them,it was backtracking here and there adding a few thousand NMs to the route. So the gap is there (I'll put that down to political problems in that area) but there are still plenty of way points either side of it and it does get me to Amsterdam. Many thanks for your reply and the detailed answer - it has taught me a lot.Gerry