Sign in to follow this  

Why so quiet about the MD-11?

I hate to be "that guy", but curiosity gets the best of me. I'm curious as to why there hasn't been an update in such a long time and why theres so little info about the MD-11? Is it still in alpha testing?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Because it's how PMDG does things. You weren't around for the 747 were you?EDIT: As for alpha testing. If I remember correctly, PMDG told us when the 747 went to beta, so I'd say it's probably still in alpha.

Actually I have been around for all of their FS products and have bought all of them as well. Theres no harm in at least asking, if they don't want to respond they can ignore or delete this thread. No harm, no foul.

I know there is no harm in asking. I just said that because I figured, if you were asking, you weren't around for the release of the 747, and didn't know how they did things.Basically, you've posted how many topics asking for more info, there have been how many topics asking for more info, at the end of the day, how much more do we know? Exactly. ;)EDIT: I don't mean to be harsh, so I hope I don't sound that way. If so, I'm sorry.

Well, if you must know, the reason I ask is because they said it would be out before FSX. I know I know, thats not final and things could and do change (and most likely have), but I know that in the 747s case before release there was plenty of previews and information/discussion about it. With the MD-11 theres...almost nothing.

I honestly don't remember much of anything being released before the 747 went into Beta. Although it's possible I've forgotten some.

If I recall there were in-game screenshots, final feature list, liveries and a lot more discussion of it.

>If I recall there were in-game screenshots, final feature>list, liveries and a lot more discussion of it. When it was still in Alpha? I don't see how you could have a final feature list, while still in alpha. Seems like that would come once in beta, and even then not 100% sure.I know once it hit beta testing, the beta testers were posting a ton of shots. In game shots, livery pictures, telling us what we could do, and so on.

>Nope, would be nice though. ;):-hang Give the possibility of the PMDG Staff to say anything about the MD-11 ok?Mauricio

>They can still reply. ;)Who knows happen this miracle? ;-)Good night.Mauricio

When they are "quiet" it most likely means they are working their tails off ;-)Best,Randy J. Smith

Really, I can not understand the lack of information (or the ausence...). And I can not understand also, why some people likes to answer questions made DIRECTLY to the staff. Who knows, maybe they are jealous.Back to the MD-11: It's done? Yes or no? And one more question: The release will be before the FSX? Yes or no?Best Regards!

They aren't going to answer your question directly. Did you see how vague they were in the last two replies? The MD11 isn't done. And considering that they have said absolutely nothing about it and posted very little info, I doubt we're going to see it anytime soon and probably not before FSX.

While you may like to see 'offical' staff replies (who doesn't :() remember that they are busy working away in the background in order to release the products asap.They don't always have the time to answer the same questions over and over again, and they encourage others to chip-in (and set up the PMDG Wiki). The 'forum elders' who have been here a while are just as knowledgeable to answer some of these questions.Just my thoughts :)

okay... just a guess but:Pax version...engine 1 & 2 started, about to start number 3?i'm a novice so be nice!JamieOxford, UK

>OK, guess what this is, what phase of the checklist are we in,>and what's going on? This will separate the "MD-11 men" from>the girls (if that's possible).>>Bill>>P.S. Oh, and is this the cargo or pax version?>I have never even seen the flight deck of an MD-11, let alone even touched on in FS. But given common sense I have to at LEAST say the following:APU is on, IRS is off, Seat Belts and PAX signs are off. I dunno about you MD-11 types, but at this stage I wouldnt be running engines right now as I'd still be aligning the IRS. NAV lights (nor any of the other lights for that matter) are even on. Not sure by the angle of the graphic if the Emergency lights are off or armed. May I guess that we are still in the receiving/pre-flight stage in this picture?And unless I am losing my mind it looks like the green TEST light is on for the cockpit voice recorder -- is that the action being taken?This has got to be pre-start checklist phase here.**shrugs** Then again like I said i have never even seen pictures of an MD-11 flight deck. Well at least now I know what an MD-11 overhead looks like :-)

>engine 1 & 2 started, about to start number 3?>>i'm a novice so be nice!Have another look at the Hydraulics panel ( top one right below the fire handles).You see for HYD systems 1 and 2 there are PRESS and FAULT lights which are on. That means those two systems are not pressurised (or pressure is below normal) and also the engine driven pumps are not working (hence the FAULT lights). However on system 3 all lights are out. And since the MD-11 is following a "all lights out" philosophy you can safely assume that this system is up and running driven by an engine generator. So to your question, it's the other way around...Wow I could copy & paste that right into the tutorial you guys are going to use ;)Regards,Markus