Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

Navadata curiosity

Guest SAS449

It's twofold.1/ Via the nDAC software, which you can download and install for free, you can by charts. And that is complete charts for an airport. They cost you 2 credits per Airport.2/ Separated from the charts you can download AIRACs, new every month. They cost 20 credits per cycle. This means that if you have paid your 20 credits now in October, you can download the 0610 cycle as many times as you need and for EVERY addon for which it is released. This means that if you have PMDG, Level-D, PSS you can download AIRACs for each addon within the monthly charge.You prepay the Credits used to pay with. They are sold in bunches of 100, 300 or 1000 credits for

Wow, that clears a lot of confusion for me thank you!I already have access to worldwide charts, so they arent what I need. I just wish Richard explained it as simple as you just did and I would of bought it a while ago!No harsh feelings towards him, I believe he goes above and beyond what most people have done for the community. Still amazes me that people cant even fork up 3 bucks a month for this man.

Jappie my friend, you do realise that the default MSFS navigational database is waaay out of date to begin with don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest UPS523

Dan thx for the Sid/Star file on Avsim now all my runways show up at KSEA nice job

Guest jappie

>Jappie my friend, you do realise that the default MSFS>navigational database is waaay out of date to begin with don

Guest SAS449

No, but perhaps you should be prepared to be billed for landing fees and parking fees at the airports if you don't do a quick turnaround ;-) as it is in the real world.The situation that has been discussed is truly "as real as it gets". You buy the aircraft from one source and the FMC data from another independently. Be happy! And be even happier that you don't (yet?) have the same maintenance costs as in real life. The costs we have for our hobby can be decided by ourselves, depending on our demands and wishes for reality or as close to reality as possible. Or not.

Hi Jasper,not saying that you sounded ungrateful to Stephan et al, just pointed out that it nowadays simply will cost money for everyone to get hold of all that data in a convenient way. So even if an aircraft dev would be inclined to provide their customers with that data on a regular basis they most certainly would need to charge for it, anything else would be suicidal businesswise. It

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Hi guysThere are too many posts in this thread for me to read every word of each one so apologies if this has been said before, but I have also subscribed to the nav data system ,and my point to add that may not have been made before is that you buy your credits and download the airac cycle for 20 credits for all your add ons, not per add on, so i think thats good value for money as I have most of the add ons supported, so I update them all for 20 credits. Also just to put something in perspective, I own a TomTom sat nav system, and if I want to keep that upto date with maps, I have to buy them, and if I want to keep the speed camera database up to date then I have to subscribe to that too, so you pays your money and you have your choice.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest fjan3

I tried to create an account at the Navadata web site but I've unable to receive an e-mail conformation link to activate the account. I sent an e-mail over support at the site explaining that I did not receive the link. They replied saying that they manually resent the e-mail and to double check my spam filters. I don't have spam filters and the e-mail address was double check for correctness went I tried to create the account. Frank

Guest SAS449

Frank,This question doesn't belong here. It should be posted on the navdata.at forum.

Guest rds_mcleod

>I tried to create an account at the Navadata web site but>I've unable to receive an e-mail conformation link to activateFrank,I'm having the same problem, may be solved by now but support there says the heavy hits have caused some problems. I believe mine had to be reset manually by the provider. But the suggestion you've already received is correct - you need to contact their support.~`Ron - CYEG

Guest NAVData

Hi gents,due the many "problems" with the bounced emails of the "activation mails", Navigraph has created a own button, where you can request the "activation mail" again ...Look at the "My account"-tab :-)Rich (a still reader of this posting ;-)

I have had problems buying some credits from Navigraph recently.. I purchased 300 using paypal.. and it's been two days now and they've still not shown up.. Seems I'm not the only one.. I am sure it's some glitch in the system somewhere.. as the other purchases I made were very swift.. and seamless.. well to be precise.. instant!.. lol.. I'm not particularly worried.. I'm sure I'll get them eventually.. or they'll sort it out for me.. just wondering if others have had some experiences like this with their systems.. perhaps the Paypal method of payment here is not the most reliable?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest jetman07

I'm missing some airport information (just a few sporadic locations, i.e. KSEA?). I understand its availalbe. I'm a registered Navgraph user with v 7.03 FMS data, but that doesn't do it. I've read that the information is available on the Navdata sight, but don' know where to access it? Any help appreciated.~`Ron CYEG