Sign in to follow this  
KingCat

Hardware questions

I have both PMDG 737NG 600/700/800/900 and 747-400.I was wondering if the following hardware will work with the PMDG products:1. Advanced Flight Control System III - USB version (yoke).2. Precision Jet-Style Rudder Pedals.This is hardware from Cirrus which can be found at www.simpilot.com (hardware section).I hope someone can answer my questions.KingCat

As long as it doesn't require any kind of custom interfacing with our gauges, they should just be seen as normal Windows game controllers with buttons right? If so, that will work fine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

What do you mean by "any kind of custom interfacing with our gauges"?KingCat

From the expanded product description it states the USB Yoke provides a standard interface and no special drivers are required. It also states the peds plug into the yoke to provide the peds action via USB. If these provide conventional axes to FS as seen in the Gaming Options calibration, then they should work and be assignable via the standard FS hardware setup.There are no details I can see as to the amount of switches, etc., available, so you still will need some perhaps like the CH or Go-Flight throttle quad for flaps, gear, autopilot disconnect, etc., plus the power, mixture or condition for reciprocal engine or turbo-prop engine, prop rpm., or resolve to using a mouse or keystrokes for some of these functions.It sounds like (in my opinion) that these should work. They offer I see a 30-day money back guarantee on the main product.To complete your setup consider the new Go-Flight Boeing MCP but wait until their special drivers are finished and until you can afford it. I'd consider this last an option but a very useful one to add to yoke, peds, and throttle quad.With your PC screen displaying the environment you should be all set.Now if only I had the room, dedication, and a couple of thousand to spend with abandon . . . I'd consider the setup described.Best though not to take my opinion on compatibility but to contact the manufacturer's site of each product for confirmation.

I already ordered the Goflight MCP-Pro, so that piece of hardware should be arriving in a day or two.I know that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee, but you'd still have to pay shipping. And considering the fact that these two items are quite heavy, the costs for shipping and handling (from the manufacturer to me and vica versa), will be quite high (not to mention import duties since I live in The Netherlands).I already submitted my questions to the manufacturer of the product, but I didn't receive a reply yet. I'm expecting them to say that I should contact the developer of the addon airplane, so that's why I already posted my questions overhere.I also would like to use this setup with Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command, so I'll ask them too, and see what they say.KingCat

PMDG (lefteris) in this forum requested MCP owners to volunteer as beta testers very recently. I would not look for immediate use.Until the specific drivers are done you can get partial use by configuring it for keystroke emulation that your aircraft accept. They supply a configuration utility according to their web site.

I'm also using the GoFlight MCP-Pro with Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command. The GoFlight module is 100% compatible with this addon, so that shouldn't be a problem.As for PMDG. The fact that they are already testing the unit indicates that their intentions are to make it compatible with PMDG. So that's just a matter of time.BTW. I noticed that there will be another quality yoke available in the near future. Look in the forum at www.737cockpit.comKingCat

Guest gremel

KingCat,I clicked on the site but did not see anything about the development of a "yoke"...I would definitely buy the Yoke & Rudders from Engravity as the CH & Cirrus types were a disappointment to me. This is my opinion only....Anybody know anything about the 'yoke' development or how it is progressing?jack

Guest gremel

Thanks for the thread KingCat. Haven't reviewed this subject in a while. I do hope that "Engravity" along with PMDG support produces a halfway decent Yoke, Rudders & Throttle quadrant that somewhat replicates that actual hydraulics. The hardware end of this business is somewhat lagging way behind the software end of the same business. Hint, hint!!!!There is a very BIG market potential for somebody to develope the necessary hardware and I hope the answer to this request comes to fruition with "Engravity" working with the PMDG development team.Go Team..Regards,jack