Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

Message saying FS9 installation not found? Read!

I have a dual boot system, XP for FS9 and Vista 64Bit for FSX. Both simulators are on the same partition but FSX hasn't been installed to FS9 and FS9 hasn't been installed to the XP system.I had the same error message when I installed my PMDG744 in the FSX within Vista64 , allthough I never installed FS9 on my Vista system. What can I do? What is the update for FS9 doing? Any new features for the FS9 version, which havn't been released yet?Thanks for an answerChris

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Guest davekay

I also had a problem with the FSX install that failed to write the necessary FSX registry entries. I overcome this problem with the tool: FSX Registry Utility at http://tweakfs.com/news/free_files.htm.Incidentally while I

Chris-No.... But it does tell me you didn't read the README/EULA that was presented when you ran the installer. ;-)Thanks for wondering, though- sometimes casual observations like yours do lead to solutions!(BTW: The reason you saw the FS9 installer launch was because you selected COMPLETE installation....Just hit CANCEL and it closes...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris-Man oh man... Must be the day for "Guys Named Chris To Ignore The Readme." :-pWhat you observed is correct behavior... It was detailed in the README for you... You know the one you had to ACCEPT before you could continue? Yeah.... That one. :-)

Haha, shame in me, I have overseen that in the readme, just read the new features of the FSX version. ;-)Ok, now installation worked fine with the way, you suggested.

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Guest phughe03

Hello,Im having a similar problem with the 747 cargo add on for fs9. Straight after the I accept terms and conditions I get a window popping up " installation cannot continue" Flight sim is not installed. I have tried the reg/fs9.exe path fix but it still not installing for me. Any help would be much appreciated. This is on a Vista machine and PMDG 747 is working like a charm.Thanks in advanced

Captains-As more of you are finding copies of FSX at your local software store- we're getting a few reports that in some instances FSX may delete some registry information related to FS9.We've been working with FSX for some time and find this not to be a normal condition- but it seems that a few of you are running into this- so I thought we'd post a notam here to help you out.The problem is essentially thus: All PMDG installes check for FS9.1 before installation. If the FS9.1 installation path is not present- then the installer will tell you it cannot run. The only way to fix this is to correct your registry.Another user this morning pointed out that our friends over at Flight1 have a useful freeware tool that will fix this for you- so rather than re-invent the wheel or tell you how to do it manually- I'd recommend using their tool instead:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryRun this tool- then you SHOULD be okay with your FS9.1 installs.... And pass your thanks for this tool along to Flight1. ;-)

I have recently bought a new PC and have transferred my PMDG aircraft for both FS9 and FSX. However when I tried to install the new 747 updates, FSX went OK but I got the "no installation" message for FS9.I have run the registry update utility and checked that the registry has the correct path for FS9 but I am still getting the same message.Is there anything else I require to do?

Nameless-As described in the forum guidelines pinned at the top of this forum, we require all users to sign their posts. Please include your name in future posts!I'm not clear on what you mean by "transferred." If you simply copied them to a new drive- then you will have all kinds of problems. The airplanes really need to be installed on the machine properly.As for getting a "not installed" message in FS9, I would recommend that you uninstall/reinstall the airplane for FS9. This really is the only way to make sure it goes in correctly...Hope that helps!

..........and another one with the same error message. Again it's a Vista machine with FS9.1I had to un-install the 747-400 for FS9 and now cannot reinstall version 1.1R1 (then will upgrade to 1.2 again) because the installer stops just past the EULA Agree/Disagree page (I agreed, obviously) and tells me FS9 is not installed. I had run the proper uninstall utility from Control Panel. FSX is not installed either and I have tried the Registry Tweak. The application is being run as an Administrator as well. The installer has to be shut down via Task Manager or it just keeps showing the text:"Installation cannot continue. You do not have Flight Simulator installed". Pressing OK just keeps the same message coming back all the time until Task Manager - End Task is used.There are no apparent PMDG entries in the Registry either.I am not using the FS9 default location, but just change the location to D: and the rest is the same.I have also disabled UAC, but to no avail.Seems there might be an common issue here, as more people are reporting similar errors?As an aside, I have used the 737 remover tool and then reinstalled the 737NG 600/700 but cannot add any liveries as the installer says it cannot open the aircraft.cfg file. The presence or otherwise of 737NG has no apparent effect on the 747 install as I have tried both with and without.Rick

Having had PMDG Support tell me there was no option but to uninstall everything FS9 & 9.1 and start from the ground up, I began by trying to do just that only to find my add-ons were now also reporting that uninstall was not possible via Control Panel/Add or Remove.By pure chance - and it is only chance I have UK2000 Scenery and it's uninstaller reported the same problem but offered to find and fix the registry - in for a penny as they say, I'll give it a go. Guess what ....it worked!!The FS Tweak Registry fixer di not work but whatever is buried in Gary's UK2000 installer did and all is now well and NOTHING was uninstalled. Even the PMDG livery issue is solved with about 1 minutes work.It of course begs the question - what does Gary's software do that FS Tweaks "Registry Fix" doesn't (even if it reports that it has added the relevant key)? - but that's for a different forum.All is now well and I did not have to uninstall and it proves it was a Registry error, even though no new add-ons had been added or updates included into FS9.1 the Registry still changed. The cause of that still needs identification. Was is an MS security patch, or an anti-virus update, or.........what that did it?Rick

Guest magartagin

Hi RickI was soooo frustrated by this behaviour that I went to the lengths of monitoring what was happening against the registry (Vista) while the install application was running.What I found was that the install was looking for a registry key HKey_Local_MachineSoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0 with a reg_sz entry named "EXE Path" (no Quotes required) that refers to the install location of your flight sim.After I created this the install ran fine!Now if anyone involved with the development of this product has been monitoring this thread and did not come forward with this simple bit of info to help people out then they are either inept or the more sinister option is they are trying to extract revenue via upgrades.Great product - shame about this bullSh!tTony

Guest madd25

Question I have FS9 and my ver. is 9.0 how do I get the updated ver. 9.1 for I can install PMDG MD-11 .. ???? Thank you Jose

Question I have FS9 and my ver. is 9.0 how do I get the updated ver. 9.1 for I can install PMDG MD-11 .. ???? Thank you Jose
JoseYou can download the FS 9.1 update from herePhillip Speer