Sign in to follow this  
SWVA4420

Quick question about side-by-side EICAS in 737s....

I have a quick question about the side-by-side EICAS in the 737 - is it possible to view the SYS data (flight controls, APU, hydraulics, etc.) when using this configuration (a la Southwest Airlines)? I know the over-under EICAS (commonly used with PFD/ND) configuration allows it, but SWA uses side-by-side with their EFIS-MAP layout....can it be done?Thanks,Jim SWVA F.O.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think you do it through the pmdg menu at the top of the page .It is in the manual too Peter

Peter Schluter

Hi Peter - I've played with the PMDG options, and the MFD switch options for ENG and SYS are both changed to INOP when the side-by-side EICAS is used, and will not display anything in the lower EICAS screen. The MFD switch options for SYS and ENG only seem to be available if the over-under EICAS layout is used. I guess there's no way to display data in the lower screen if side-by-side is used....at least that I can find...bummer....unless anyone has found a work-around....Thanks anyway,Jim

Jim Blake

Jim,No unfortunately it can't be done. You have to have 'Over and under' configured to use the lower DU.Hope it helps,

Hi Mats - that's what I thought...do you know if that option will be included in the upcmong 737NGX version?Jim

Jim Blake

Jim,Probably not as the real side-by-side i.e. SWA style, doesn't use the lower DU either AFAIK.Hope it helps,

Hmmmmm...I wonder how they check that important information?! Are there any real SWA 737NG pilots on this forum who can answer that?? Or other airline pilots/employees whose NGs use that layout?? (Later this month I'll be on a SWA 737NG flight, so if I get the opportunity, I'll ask the pilot.)Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake