Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

737NG Throttle Honk-Honk-Honk

Guest dajackman

I kinda understand what the honking is when you advance the throttles while on the ground. But has anyone had this problem:I setup for departure using normal procedures. As I get everything taken care of and have the airplane configured for take-off the honking will stop as expected. I take-off without the honking and fly to my destination. Land and taxi to the gate.As I am parked at the gate I setup for another departure (without leaving the sim or re-loading anything.) I follow the same procedures as above. However this time I am unable to get the throttle honking to stop. I am pretty sure I am configured properly. As I followed the same procedures as the first flight. Can anyone let me know if they have this problem or not? Is this something to do with not re-loading the default cessna (as some suggest) before my next flight or something I am doing wrong?Thanks again to all for the help.(robby)

I usually have a throttle problem when I try to fly two sequential legs.. usually it spools down and starts honking right after gear up, which is a most unpleasant scenario. If you fly manual throttle until after established in a climb then this problem seems to go away but I've not tested that very thoroughly. Usually, I first hear the horn, then look at the N1 and finally engage the brain and push the throttle forward and disengage AT... at least that's my story.I never reload the aircraft, but I guess that's another way of resetting the logic. I expect 737NGX will resolve this issue, since they are pretty much rewritting the automation controls logic.

Dan Downs KCRP

Robby,you should not have to reload the aeroplane to fly another leg. Are you sure that you did indeed DISARM your spoilers after landing? They'll retract but not disarm once you advance the throttles after leaving the runway.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest dajackman

Thanks for the replies. Markus, you maybe on to something. I'll check that next flight.(robby)

FYI: The normal procedures checklist in the documentation can also be helpful to ensure everything is set up correctly.