Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

B1900C Ground Handling

I just purchased the B1900C after flying the 1900D for quite a bit in both FS9 and FSX. My first flight in the 1900C (in FS9), however, was quite disappointing. The ground handling is quite bad as I can not keep the a/c heading in a straight line. And, I can not turn to the right no matter how hard I try. I have recalibrated my CH Yoke three times and have the same problem. While holding short on the runway at Anchorage (after I slewed there), I couldn't even go forward to get in the middle of the runway to line up for take off. The a/c turned left so radically that I couldn't get it on the runway at all. This bothers me as I just flew the 1900D in FSX this morning and everything with it was great, as usual.Using the exterior view, the nose wheel was pointing to the left even while I held the yoke to the right. How's that happen?I have version 1.02 of the B1900C as I just purchased it. I noticed during my search of the forum that ground handling had been a problem corrected by update 1.02. The a/c works very well in FSX, however. I will attempt another flight in FS9 tomorrow to see if the problem persists.

Hi, Steve,For whatever it's worth, I'm running the B1900C in FS9, using CH equipment with absolutely no problem. Steering is very precise and smooth. Not sure what ver. I have, though. Hope this gives you some encouragement. Wish I knew what to suggest; I'm not much of a computer techie.Tom

I have the same problem now and again with the 744 believe it or not. For me though, I use a Logitech joystick and in sharp turns, the nose gear will lock into the opposite direction after I centre the control. I move my rudder/nose gear left and right quickly for about a second and my steering returns to normal. I don't know what you use for your rudder pedals but try moving it left and right rapidly to see if that frees the nose gear.As a side note, I too have the 1900C and don't have any problems with it either. Not even in sharp turns.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

The yaw damper is your problem.This should not be activated until your in the air.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sorry guys but I haven't flown the 1900C in FS9 since. However, I did recalibrate my CH Yoke and had no problems with the PMDG 737-700 in FS9. I'll have to go back and try the 1900C in FS9. It should be fine. (The yaw damper was off)....

I have not had any problems taxing with the NG, B1900 series or the 744 using CH yoke and throttle quadrant.Are you sure that the throttle is controlling both engines? :-)

Ok. Everything was corrected by recalibrating my CH Yoke. The 1900C flies extremely well in FS9 as well as FSX. Don't know how it came about but my yoke was ok in FSX but messed up in FS9. The Ground steering in FS9 is as good as the 1900D.Thanks everyone for the help!