Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Issues with FMS after Cycle 702....

Hi- I fly KTPA to KORD a lot for BA Virtual, and after updating my FMS to Navigraph 702 (and adding SIDS/STARS 702 at Planepath) all approaches for KORD have disappeared......any thoughts??? Thanks!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner1.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I see you just did a reinstall. I just did one from planepath and it fixed my issues, so hopefully you'll get it figured out.

>I've noticed this with quite a few US airports from 702. I>need to try a reinstall of 702.Re-Installed TWICE no joy! I will contact Navigraph and Plane Path. Thanks!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner1.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The airac data is most unlikely the source of the problem. Try the sidstar I have for KORD.. it includes all procedures. Available in AVSIM... look for cycle_0702_sidstars.zip

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dt1951

After doing the install of the AIRAC cycle, I install the updates from Planepath as well. However, those are not always correct in their detail (in particular the British SIDs/STARs). They are good attempts at putting something into the FMC databases resembling the SIDs/STARs. To round them out I also download and install Dan Downs' SIDs/STARs. Additionally, I download the applicable SIDs/STARs from navdata.at to add anything I can find. I also want to mention here my thanks and appreciation to Dan Downs for his extraordinary work with the PMDG SIDs/STARs. Your efforts are truly appreciated by me.

Guest staang

>I noticed that the SID/STARs at least for EGLL are strange>too. There aren't any ILS approaches or transitions from>STARs to Approach. I got my procedures from planepath too by>the way.Hi Ryan>There aren't any ILS approaches This is odd to me. I see all 4 ILS-DME approaches at EGLL, 09L/R and 27L/R. Are you not seeing them? Are you getting any error messages?>or transitions from STARs to Approach.Typically STARs do not have a runway or approach transition. After you get to the last waypoint of a STAR ATC provides vectors to get you to a particular runway or approach. Have a look at the EGLL STAR charts. In the case of EGLL all the STARs there do not have runway or approach transitions. They all terminate at a VOR some distance from the airport. In the real world ATC would then vector you to an approach, however, since FS does not do that function it is up to the pilot to maneuver their plane into the approach.RegardsTerry

Guest staang

>>I've noticed this with quite a few US airports from 702. I>>need to try a reinstall of 702.>>Re-Installed TWICE no joy! I will contact Navigraph and Plane>Path. Thanks!Hi CarlPlease do. I did find a problem at KORD caused by inaccurate airport runway data but no one has told me about any other airports having problems.RegardsTerry

Guest staang

>After doing the install of the AIRAC cycle, I install the>updates from Planepath as well. However, those are not always>correct in their detail (in particular the British>SIDs/STARs). Hello DanSeeing as how I have produced the UK procedures only twice there can very well be problems. However, I can not fix anything or, explain why it is correct, if I don't know there is a problem. If you would please write me (Address is on my site and in my docs and procedures.) and provide specific examples about all the things that are not always correct in their detail I can have a go at sorting out this situation. RegardsTerry

>This is odd to me. I see all 4 ILS-DME approaches at EGLL,>09L/R and 27L/R. Are you not seeing them? Are you getting any>error messages?I am seeing DME approaches but not ILS.>Typically STARs do not have a runway or approach transition.>After you get to the last waypoint of a STAR ATC provides>vectors to get you to a particular runway or approach. Have a>look at the EGLL STAR charts. In the case of EGLL all the>STARs there do not have runway or approach transitions. They>all terminate at a VOR some distance from the airport. In the>real world ATC would then vector you to an approach, however,>since FS does not do that function it is up to the pilot to>maneuver their plane into the approach.I did look at the charts. For EGLL, there are STARs then INBD RWY charts which has vectors from the end of a STAR to a position usually 10 miles from the rwy. It also includes altitude and sometimes, speed restrictions. The INBD RWY is for use without ATC vectors.eg. Bovingdon to RWY 27RBNN INBD RWY 27L/R:D11 BNN MNM HLDG LVLD15 BNN MNM 6000D19 BNN MAX IAS 180D10 IRR At 3000D7.5 IRR At 2500After crossing BNN, I fly HDG129 until D19 BNN. Then I begin a right turn to final. During the turn, at BNN R-134, there is also a MNM 3500 altitude restriction. By D10 IRR, I should be in line with the runway at 3000ft. There is also a speed restriction of 160 after I'm on final listed in the GAD.This particular transition chart also show a transition from Lambourne to RWY27L/R which is a little more tricky. All in all, there are transitions from every STAR to every runway.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

All sidstars for the UK major airports have been done and updated by myself and are available from navdata.at or my site. These have been available and accurate since the early days of the pmdg 737 release. Some update dates may appear old but in those cases there will have not been significant changes to warrant an update. Watch next cycle, several star changes to the London airports on the way.With regard to Transitions from Star to Approach, I have added to my EGLL file, procedures close to the real world vectors from information that I could find, to make life easier.Simon Butler

Guest staang

>I am seeing DME approaches but not ILS.Those are ILS-DME approaches. Because there are so many types of ILS approaches and there is limited space on the FMC display I adopted the DAFIF coding. What shows as a DME is an ILS-DME approach. There are a whole bunch of other codes listed in the readme file for other types of ILS approaches.>For EGLL, there are STARs then INBD>RWY charts which has vectors from the end of a STAR to a>position usually 10 miles from the rwy. It also includes>altitude and sometimes, speed restrictions. The INBD RWY is>for use without ATC vectors.Where are these INBD RWY charts because I sure missed them on the NATS site? Have a URL? Maybe I can adapt them although it may be a little awkward since PMDG STARs do not include runway transitions.RegardsTerry

>Those are ILS-DME approaches. Because there are so many types>of ILS approaches and there is limited space on the FMC>display I adopted the DAFIF coding. What shows as a DME is an>ILS-DME approach. There are a whole bunch of other codes>listed in the readme file for other types of ILS approaches.I didn't realise that. Thanks for the heads up>Where are these INBD RWY charts because I sure missed them on>the NATS site? Have a URL? I got my charts from Navigraph. Unfortunately there is no way I can send them or give a link to them. You can download the program though. You're given 6 demo credits and each airport set is only 2 credits.>Maybe I can adapt them although it>may be a little awkward since PMDG STARs do not include runway>transitions.I've seen transitions for some runways depending on the airport. For example, if I select the STAR, then runway, I usually get a list of transitions under the runway I selected. In the case of EGLL, if I choose the BNN3A STAR then RWY 9R, I'll have ' ILS9R'. Then, under 9R, a new list labelled Trans with BNN, LAM, OCK, etc. will appear. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167442.jpgRyan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

why reinvent the wheel...as simon noted earlier, he's done (been doing for a long time) up to date procedures for the brit majors (including lhr) which you can get here http://www.simonsidstars.co.uk/index.htmwhile you're at it, visit merv archer's austscene site and get his oz procedures too - like simon with the uk procs, merv keeps these up to date with the oz airservices data.

I emailed Terry after I found that somehow RWYS 18/36 were added to KORD, resulting in the error message and no procedures.....I manually deleted and KORD works great- I am not sure about the other airports referenced.......Any thoughts on how the offending RWYS got into the file? I will check out the other sites as well for Europe......thanks.Terry, if you ever decide to charge, I will still get your updates- FANTASTIC and for how long now,,,,,,,,,,, :)Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner1.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper