Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

ksfo-vhhh Range for 747-400

Hi thereJust in case, you were mentioning critical points. Have you heard of FOC2003?It calculates equal time points (e.g. decompression/engine failure critical points) and adds fuel accordingly. Is much more advanced than FSBuild. Has a few bugs but I wouldn't go without it for long-haul planning. Also gives weather and everything else needed for dispatch. FSBuild okay for short haul when critical points are not so important, but for long haul, nothing beats FOC2003. You can see their web page here www.danur.com RegardsRudyI have attached an FOC flight plan of mine from Singapore to London with the 744 for you to look at if you are interested.

I thought you cant put in Wind direction and speed into the FMC in the 744 series.Marek from LOWW

Rudy,Yeah, I've looked at it, and been tempted a few times, but after having had a good read through the message boards over there, I just can't bring myself to purchase. It just doesn't seem to be as well supported as I would expect/demand for the money paid; and although some of the features are very nice, and exclusive to FOC in the FS world, sometimes support and compatibility can be just as important.Thanks for the link though, if they ever decide to rededicate themselves to being active with the product, I may reconsider.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Well, sometimes I guess all it takes is a little interest to spark motivation :)I had stopped working on the profile a good bit ago, as it was "good enough" for me, even if not as close as it could be.The interest shown here finally got me to redo the cruise table properly, using FF's from the sim instead of the manual, removing the 5% Cruise Bias (good eye Jim :) ); also made a few final adjustments to the altitude capability table based on FMC displayed optimum alts.*As a side note, if anyone from PMDG or otherwise could give me a bit of help, determining just exactly how the FMC determines it step points, it would be greatly appreciated. As it is now, the profile assumes a FL will be maintained until you are ~1000ft below opt, then directs a climb to 1000 above opt(RVSM). This doesn't necessarily fit with the FMS predictions as closely as I would like.

FLT REL IFR CPA839   CYVR-08R/VHHH-07L  MACH 86  A/C  B747-400		   FUEL  TIME	CORR   TOGWT	LDGWT   AVG W/CTAXI	  003500 0025  . . . .  866783   527671  M029DEST VHHH 339113 1257  . . . .  ELEV. 19 FTRESV	  015150 0045  . . . .ALTN	  005302 0015  . . . .  ALTN VMMC   DIST  19 HOLD	  015150 0045  . . . .EXTRA	 000000 0000  . . . .  ZFW 492068	  PAYLOAD 097980TTL AT TO 374715 1442  . . . .				  DIST  6029REQD	  378215 1507  . . . .				  ETD  CLB BIAS 0.0%  CRZ BIAS 0.0%   DSC BIAS 0.0%DEP BIAS 0 min 0 dist 0 fuel, ARR BIAS 0 min 500 fuel

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167835.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167836.jpgEDIT: Better quality screenshot(s).

Regards,

Brian Doney

Ryan,I've had no problems with it across all variants, but I can't claim to have tested it too extensively.My procedure when choosing a derate with TOPCAT is to choose one that allows a minimum of a 1000ft margin, which should more than cover for any differences, if they exist.

Regards,

Brian Doney

>I thought you cant put in Wind direction and speed into the>FMC in the 744 series.Marek,1. In the FMC, go to the LEGS page. 2. Make sure both of your NDs are not in PLAN mode and press RTE DATA on the FMC (bottom right corner.) 3. Select a way point after T/C and enter the wind in HDG/SPD (XXX/XXX) format.4. If you have two way points one after another with the same wind information, you can leave the W in place.If you get a INSUFFICIENT FUEL message, finish inputting the wind information first. The message usually disappears. NOTE: DO THIS AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED EDITING YOUR ROUTE. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR ROUTE AFTER YOU PUT IN THE WIND INFORMATION, IT WILL BE DELETED. Once you are in the air or are happy with the information, you can edit the route. The wind information will delete but you already know what will happen en route. Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hi BrianYou are right, FOC is definitely not as well-supported as some other add-ons forum-wise or in way of bugs-that need-a-fix-wise. However, if any registration issues or serious problems are encountered, they are very prompt at replying and very helpful. I believe one is real dispatcher himself.CheersRudy

Rudy,Please understand, I'm sure it's still a good product, and the feature list is impressive, no doubt; it just doesn't seem to be truly aimed at our market.In other words, I'm not so concerned how accurate it can be from a dispatcher's point of view, I'll never be one :) , I'm more concerned with practical results that can be relatively easily integrated into the sim, and it seems that this is not the focus of FOC.Update on the flight:Planned landing fuel - 35603lbsCurrent FMC prediction - 35800lbs (2390 NM to go ):)

Regards,

Brian Doney

LOL, Brian! When you are satisfied with those tweaks, I'd love to have the new data. And many thanks for what you sent!Jim Harnes

Hi BrianWould also be definitely interested in these FSBuild perf file tweaks if you find them to better the results - main reason i switched was the inaccurate fuel calculations by FSBuild for the 744.CheersRudy

Lovely HKG :-lol http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167860.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167861.jpgBLQ ON with 39,000lbs remaining, flight time of 13:00 even, (FP figured 12:57), not bad at all.Couple things to tidy up, then I'll send the latest version out to those that have e-mailed me.But for now, GOOOD NIGHT ! :)

Regards,

Brian Doney